If I want copies of my criminal charge along with all the statements, am I allowed to have them?

My current charge is an "Assualt causing bodily harm", the trial is already set, but when I went to the police station to get copies, the officer there said that "I was not allowed to have them". When I asked why, he simply replied: "Proper procedure". And then he tried to say something like "It's up to the Crown(Prosecutor) to divvy them back to me". But then I asked for "Copies", and he said he couldn't give me any.

Adventure Colorad profile image89

Adventure Colorad says

Shahid Bukhari profile image60

Shahid Bukhari says

Cyber Lawyer profile image61

Cyber Lawyer says