Many areas baffle me but what comes to mind right now is why we as humans need to validate ourselves by comparing ourselves with others. Why do many people 'market' themselves and their families as well adjusted and stable when many are not!
Some are obviously well adjusted but there is a lot more pretense going on out there than reality! I have just conducted my own personal survey and of the 20 couples I know, only about 10% are truely happy. Approximately 40% will stay together and work on their relationship but it is doubtful that the other 50% are happy and the majority of those will not go the distance.
Am I right or am I way off?