- Education and Science»
- History & Archaeology»
- History of the Americas
The Forsyth Petroglyph - Native American Rock Carving - Possible Mayan Influence
The Georgia Forsyth Petroglyph
Aztec or Mayan Star Map in Georgia?
Here is a carved rock that the locals call a *Flower Rock*. A research paper by Gary C. Daniels attempts to identify what is represented in the glyphs carved into the rock. These are facts regarding the Forsyth Petroglyph rock in Georgia, USA:
- It is a giant boulder
- it is not located in Mesoamerica
- It is covered in what looks like Aztec or Mayan star glyphs
- It seems to have mathematical symbols similar to Mayan events recorded at Mesoamerican sites.
- Some of the glyphs seem to represent 'A new beginning'
- The glyphs look like star maps or a constellations
- At least one of the glyphs resembles the Aztec/Mayan glyph for Cipactli.
Gary Daniels has completed his research and presents it in his web paper entitled, "Did Mayan Astronomers Create the Forsyth Petroglyph?"
Giant Boulder Rock Carvings
Please help identify this boulder...
Here are 4 views of the boulder sent to me by G. Daniels of LostWorlds.org.
I have tentatively identified one of the glyphs as Cipactli, the Aztec Earth God.
If you have some guess or factual information about this object, please leave a comment for follow up.
We try to piece together the Native American stories left to us by our continent's first settlers. They did not have pen and paper as we know them today. But they did leave many rock carvings, pictographs, and other artwork that have survived the years.
There is so much to learn of lost civilizations. Where did the Anasazi come from? Where did they go? How many Native American cultures are alive and thriving today? Did our ancestors leave us important messages?
Forsyth Petroglyph Reveals Comet Impact?
- Does Georgia\'s Forsyth Petroglyph Reveal Comet Impact Event of 536 AD? | LostWorlds.org
Designs on the Forsyth Petroglyph in Georgia may include astronomical representations of stars, the constellation Draco, the Pleiades asterism, a comet, and meteors or comet fragments and may be a record of a comet impact event.
What the heck is it?
What do you see in this rock carving?
© 2009 Lela