Class Reunion 101- Makeover
Everyone has one... every...10 or 20 years!!
Class Reunion time is here. Since I have gone to both my 10 and 20 year class reunion, and the fact that I was on the reunion committee, I would like to share my helpful hints for attending yours! I want to share with you some ideas on getting ready for your big day. We all want to look our best or even better than we did in high school. Old girlfriends, old boyfriends, old rivals. This article chronicles a friend of mine from work, Kimberly, who will be going to her 20 year class reunion this summer and what she will be doing to get ready for the big weekend. She is a graduate of Yelm High School.
Please take note: Because I am recommending procedures etc., does not mean that Kim needs this. She is beautiful just the way she is. All written text is my opinion and not necessarily Kim's.
Reunion Makeover - Checklist
- Start an exercise program. Getting in shape feels so great. Just walk every day. Push up's help tone your arms, back and chest. No extra equipment needed for push ups. Lunges and squats; good for the buttocks and thighs.
- Check out Hairstyles; get rid of your gray if you are a woman (going to your reunion with the same hairstyle as high school is NOT a good idea) I think gray hair on men is sexy. Men, if you have "balding" hair, how about cutting it really short...looks great! Trust me!
- Drinks lots of water. This is great for your body and helps plump the skin cells making lines less visible. Sip water throughout your day. It helps hydrate deep into the bones & muscles. Drink about half your body weight in ounces. For example: if you weigh 120 pounds drink 60 oz. (8 cups=64oz) That's a good starting point. In hot weather or exercising you may need more. Is your urine pale yellow or dark?
- Get contacts if you wear glasses or what about Laser?
- Find a spa pedicure/manicure salon. Try it out. It's really relaxing and if you like the place you should get your hands/nails/feet done the day before your reunion
- Buy a self-tanner like "Coppertone Sunless Tanning Moisture Mist Tan for Light/Medium." I have successfully used this product. Practice now using it and see if its the correct color/darkness. Slow exposure to the sun has many healthful benefits; don't overdo it. Just get a little each day.
- Get your teeth whitened. Over the counter products really work! Like Crest Whitestrips. This is my easiest, cheapest, and fastest working tip!
- Get a facial. Or at least buy a good facial exfoliator. This will brighten your skin and take away dead skin. Don't use this "Day" of the event just in case your face gets red. Cheap tip: Use baking soda on a wet cloth, gently rub. Do this the day before.
Things To Do:
Get in shape.
Guys can get a pedi too!
Take a deep breath...
think positive...have fun
I was on my class's reunion committee. Signing up with Classmates.com, for example, really helps the committee find you. Sign up, it's FREE. (Some really nice friends have found me that I did not go to school with...love classmates.com) Find your class president and make sure he/she has your current email address. We found most of our classmates from the internet.
I hear a lot of people say, "I don't want to see anyone." Well, we want to see you!!! That's how I felt so I am sure others feel the same way. UPDATE: FACEBOOK! a good way to connect! Add your school to your profile page.
Your Smile Makeover
Whiten Your Teeth
This has to be one of the cheapest ways to look 10 or 20 years younger. I highly recommend doing this. Look younger and not even have to go to a plastic surgeon.
Check out eBay below. If I didn't have braces on my teeth I would be buying the Plasma Laser Ionic Teeth Whitening System. Read the description. It sound like it would be really easy and inexpensive.
Manicure and Pedicure
See Picture Below of Pedicure The foot Makeover
Kim is still deciding on between the "French Manicure" or painted nails. She is leaning towards painted.
Update: She went with painted.
French is a little more expensive, but oh sooo nice.
What to Wear???
Take Digital Pictures of You Wearing Your Outfit; See How it Looks
Most girls at my reunion wore a dress. Now, I am not talking about baggy Amish looking dress. SEXY, OK! Look in magazines for the latest styles. Celebrity's always look sexy; you can copy their style.
What you wear also depends on where you are going. Are you doing the "informal" reuinion at a bar? Is your class renting a hall making a formal reunion? We had a three day Reunion. Casual at a bar. Rented a hall with catered food and on Sunday we had a "family" picnic.
Have a friend or family member (my 8 year daughter did mine) take some digital pictures of you wearing your outfit front and back. If doesn't look good in the pictures don't wear it!! I am so glad I did this. Pictures last forever (my favorite black dress made my butt look too big in the pictures) didn't want that. You can even practice poses.
Update: Kim's class met a bar in our hometown. Yes, I thought this was a little lame but some "classes" aren't as cool as mine. LOL...she wore a cute top and capris. She was beautiful.
just an idea! lol
And here is what NOT to wear:
Summer PicNic Outfit:
Threading is like getting your eyebrows waxed but better. It is an ancient Indian technique. A beautician holds the end of a thread in her mouth and then uses both hands to make it taut. She quickly winds the strand around individual hairs, like a lasso, twisting and pulling them out of their follicles by the root.
Beauty therapists say the technique, which is usually used on the face, rather than the more delicate parts, is less painful, more precise and more natural than waxing. Threading is quicker and less likely to irritate the skin.
It really works. I get my done every six weeks. It costs around $15.00 depending on what area is threaded. Upper lip and eyebrows are very common areas that woman get threaded. I go to Shingaar in Lacey.
Here is a link with more information:
Strike a Pose
Here is an example photo of two women posing.
This picture was taken of two woman in the 50+ age range. I love the outfits..slacks, top, and light jacket. If you are thin, these white pants work great for a summer class reunion OR family reunion. But notice the lady in the white pants. I love her natural pose. Hips are slightly angled away from the camera with knee forward with turned out toe. Practice posing with your digital camera.
Natural daylight is always the best lighting but a "fill" flash hides a lot flaws including harsh shadows caused by the sun. I highly recommend using a flash at all indoor events. So if you are bringing your own camera, turn on the flash.
Another tip: If you are in a group of three try not to be the middle person. The straight on pose isn't as flattering. See photo.
- PocketMod: The Free Disposable Personal Organizer
This is cool. You print out a copy right from your computer...Add your favorite modules which include calendars, contacts, lists, tip chart, emergency info. etc. P.S. If you need help folding this...drop me a line. I have used this folding method to
Why the French stay so thin on this diet. (article)
- Ancient Indian Threading---for hair removal
Waxing too painful? Try threading, an Indian art of hair removal that's sweeping the hip salons
- Classmates - High School Military College Reunions - Find Old Friends - Search for People - Class Re
With over 40 million members from over 200,000 high schools and military installations, Classmates is the worlds best place to reunite.
- Dresses from awesome store Forever 21
Link to Forever21.com clothing online. Love this store. My best jeans are from this store.
- Great Advice
Be trendy for this big day.
- What to wear to a class reunion
Whether it's your 10th or 50th, we have great fashion ideas for dressing well for you class reunion.
- Ways to Look Thinner: How to Dress to Look Thinner, Tips to Slenderize the Face Using Makeup, Lookin
Ways to Look Thinner, including How to Dress to Look Thinner, Tips to Slenderize the Face Using Makeup, Looking Thinner for a Picture
- Shingaar Salon
This is the salon that I go to get my salon services done. I love it! This website shows a picture of what "threading" looks like.
- More Posing Tips
Insert from this article: "Twist the body - Have your subject twist sideways with their feet (if standing), or twist their legs (if sitting)."
Polling is so fun... - Just thinking about going or definitely going....Answer below:
Do you plan on going to your 10 or 20 Year Class Reunion?
Take a Poll
Did You GO to Your 10 or 20 Year Class Reunion?
Poll about your high school - Large school or small? Does it make a difference on turnout?
How large was your graduating class?
Thank you and Have fun.