Send a College Survival Kit
What do you send in college care packages?
As a college student, I always looked forward to college care packages or sometimes called a college survival kit. As a parent, sending a college survival kit to my college student helps me stay in touch while my student is away.
There are different ways to send a care package, from ordering one online to creating your own. A good care package will remind the student of home, and it will also provide for some of their needs while away at college.
Make Your Own College Survival Kit
Getting a homemade survival kit is a great way to show your student that you love them. The question is, what should go into a survival kit or care package? Here's a list for you to start, and you will come up with your own depending on your situation
1. Homemade Cookies - Anything homemade is great, but a few dozen cookies they can share with their dorm mates.
2. Late Night Snacks - Every college student needs some late night snacks for those late night study sessions. Individually wrapped items are the best.
3. Gift Cards - A gfit card to a favorite store or restaurant. This will make a great break for the student.
4. Books or Magazines - Your student's favorite book or magazine.
5. Roll of Quarters - A roll of quarters for the washing machine.
10 Times to Send a Care Package
- The Final Exam Care Package - Final exams in college are a stressful time. On top of that is the fact that the students probably don't eat correctly, sounds like a great opportunity for a survival kit or care package.
- The Freshman Care Package - Freshman college students often get homesick especially if they can't get back home. Getting them a care package at the start of each semester is a great way to make sure they get a good start on their classes.
- The Dorm Care Package - OMG, I have to live in a dorm? So now what, how do we get an only child comfortable with sharing a bathroom with 20 of her not so closest friend. A college dorm survival kit is the key. Loufas, soaps, deodarants, shampoos, and toothpast are a start.
- The Greek Care Package
- The Holiday Care Package - Easter, Halloween, Valentine's Day are all great. Remember a college student is typically home on Christmas and Thanksgiving.
- The Just Because Care Package - Anytime is a great time to send a care package. Their favorite sweet or salty snacks. Anything at all.