How to Apply for Foreign Scholarships in Master Degree Graduate Programs
Generally,every country offers scholarship programmes in the form of international phd scholarships or master program scholarships for foreign students throughout the year in various educational disciplines. And, like everyone else, you might be thinking that getting a scholarship is very difficult but as a matter of fact there is scholarship opportunity available for almost anyone in the world.In comparison to undergraduate scholarship competition, very less number of student compete for Master degree scholarships or graduate scholarship programmes- that is why its much easier to get it. If you are a women , then then you will be given preference over male candidates. The important thing about scholarship is to know the right type of scholarship that suit to you in terms of scholarship awarding criteria.
No matter you are in which discipline, more or less your scholarship application need to have the following factors to win a scholarship:
- Strong academic background in almost all the level of your academic life. Although some weak academic background can be overcome by some strong research publications
- A good statement of purpose.
- Excellent letter of recommendations from the people who know you academically very well or under whom you have done some kind of project work.
- For non-English specking students need to have a good IELTS score( possibly 6.5 or above.
- Good GRE or GMAT is recommended but not mandatory. But they are must for US and Canadian Universities. Also some German University requires good GRE or GMAT score.
- Its always better if you have affiliation with a professional bodies like IEEE.
- Relevant industrial training or any relevant certifications will add more value to your scholarship application.
- Research publications in reputed journals (for Master and PhD students) and seminar presentation.Remember that this is one of the most useful way to distinguish yourself with other candidates.so, if you have an opportunity to publish a research paper individually or jointly with others, do not miss it out.
- A well devised research plan is required for PhD students.In your research plan, you need to carefully describe about the research methodology and tools you need to use to produce your desired result.in addition,make a list of direct fields or industries to which your research is directly related to in practical context.
- You can put a thank you letter to the university for offering scholarship program in the subject you have applied for.
- Keeping email contacts with the professors of the university you have applied for so as you can know more about the ongoing research areas of that university you have applied for scholarship.
Always remember the importance of statement of purpose when you apply for a graduate admission or for any scholarships.If you can project yourself properly with confidence with pesuasive way you can increase the chances of winning a shcolarshiop by many folds.Admission process is a kind of recruiting process,where a you have to show how much value you can add to a university or a specific department.If you have a strong point in any subject matter or any practical interests that is relevant to the subject matter of the scholarship program that you are applying for , then highlight your strength modestly with proof of evidence.
You can take a look at this(given below) sample statement of purpose to understand better how you can prepare you next statement of purpose letter.
Some important sites for Undergraduate, Masters and Phd Scholarships
The common mistakes students make when applying for scholarships
When a student gets his bachelor degree and decides to go for a master degree or even higher degrees, he or she start applying to the university with the highest ranking. First of all what is university ranking? Can you really rank a university based on some available facts and figure? The answer is that sometimes it is possible to get an overall idea about the academic status of a university by looking at the ranking list. But remember that ranking is not everything. First of all, think about the output of research of a university in the department that you are going to apply. Is that university has enough number of International publications and if it has strong relationship with the relevant industry. If the answer for both the questions is no, then also no problem. Just look at the faculty member and talk to them, if possible and learn how much they are willing to help you. Sometimes, it is possible that a university with good faculty members is not performing well in some university ranking systems. So, find a university, regardless of its ranking, and then apply it for scholarship.
One of the importact facts about scholarship is that some universities even do not get appropriate number of applications for their scholarship advertisements-this happens because the kind of skills and qualification they expect from a candidate is missing in the applications. Always send as many scholarships as possible to a number of countries, not in a single country, including in your home country. Even if you are not accepted in the first year, start a job, gather some experience and apply in the next year. One important question you need to be absolutely sure before you start a master degree and that is why you want to purse a master degree: for better career or to contribute to the scientific world or both. No matter whatever you want to do you should always study and analysis things with your insights to unlock the invisible world lying ahead of you.
Wish you all the best with your future!!
If you want to explore the scholarship opportunities in different countries of the world, you have a look at scholarshipinfo.hubapges.com that provides valuable information about scholarship for foreign students.