my dog got stung by a bee on his paw. shortly after he threw up, he was laying i

  1. profile image45
    ashleymichelleposted 7 years ago

    my dog got stung by a bee on his paw. shortly after he threw up, he was laying in the grass not...

    moving, pooped laying down. he has no energy to move nor eat or drink. what should i do? will he be alright? need an answer as soon as possible!!!!!!

  2. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 7 years ago

    take the dog to the vet, no one in cyberspace can help the dog

  3. jw jewelry design profile image57
    jw jewelry designposted 7 years ago

    I agree take him to a vet right away! 

    If the swelling is minor, just watch the animal to be sure your pet is not having breathing or swallowing difficulties. If the swelling gets huge within five or ten minutes, see a vet immediately. It is always better to be safe than sorry.

    Benadryl can make all the difference.

    The venom of the bee contains a number of toxic proteins, which attack various body systems. Reactions range from local swelling and pain around the stung area to anaphylactic shock with total system collapse and death. These reactions may develop within minutes of the sting, and probably will occur if the reaction is allergic in nature.

    Even if the dog escapes the allergic threat of the toxins, it still faces the toxic threat of the venom. There may be damage to the liver, kidneys, nervous system or blood cells. These effects may be seen immediately or they may not be apparent for several days. Complete destruction of the dog's red blood cells may occur despite all efforts at treatment.

    Please let me know how he his.
    Your dog is in my prayers.