jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

What advice would you give? Consider, if you will, the following situation...

1. poetvix profile image69
    poetvixposted 5 years ago

What advice would you give?
    Consider, if you will, the following situation...

Teacher not paid for conference period for 8 years. All other teachers paid when they had to work it.  Teacher singled out as only one on to give shots when nurse administered all other students save the one assigned her which resulted in teacher being stuck with dirty needle. 
    Grievance was filed but district representatives imposed time limits and interrupted, cut off teacher in presentation several times.  Objections were made on record.  Eventually this will go to the board. What would be your suggestions for teacher?  Any law or precedent you would recommend citing?

2. Wayne Brown profile image83
    Wayne Brownposted 5 years ago

It would appear to b workplace discrimination if the person has documented it and can prove it.  There are times when all salaried individuals are asked to go above and beyond and most of us take it in stride.  If this person has been singled out, then it should be apparent not only from their records but from the public records that such discrimination exists. ~WB

poetvixposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Grades, attendance, rosters and paycheck stubs would all prove it.  Thanks bunches for responding and the tip.

3. Goody5 profile image73
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

I'm really not sure of all of the circumstances here, but in a "UNION" it's best to let the grievance go through all of the steps of the process. This can be a little bit frustrating, because it can take a lot of time, and even sometimes years. One time I saw a grievance get solved two days before the charge was to be removed. I've even seen a grievance last as long as the entire length of the contract, and then get thrown out. It's a strange business, but we are much better off with Unions. I hope this was some help. Keep on hubbing  smile

Frustrating does not begin to describe the process.  Brutal is more like it.  My window was even smashed out of my car since all this happened when for the last ten years I never had a prob.  Thanks for the response.

4. The Frog Prince profile image78
    The Frog Princeposted 5 years ago

I gave you some info. Was it helpful?  Give me an update off forum.

The Frog

5. Pete Wolfe profile image61
    Pete Wolfeposted 5 years ago

Run, run as fast as you can. Find another job. Sounds like discrimination to me. Did you piss someone off?

Yep.  How did you know?

working