jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Think Hard: Does Humanity deserve to exist? In your opinion, does every life hav

1. threekeys profile image80
    threekeysposted 17 months ago

Think Hard: Does Humanity deserve to exist? In your opinion, does every life have value?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13324323_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    PeterStipposted 17 months ago

Deserve?
    Deserve means a moral point of view. Who is the judge?
    No, a wrong word. We live and life has no moral ticket. IT simply is there. And value is another moral score. Life should not be judged. It's pretty arrogant if you do. Life is simply there. My life, your life, my cats, the bugs in the garden etc.
    Who am I to say that my life is more valuable then the life of an oak tree. Simply because I move and talk, depends on the situation, An Oak Tree lives longer then I do. If I run with my car into an oak tree, I'm dead, the oak tree isn't, so who is better off?
    No, to me life simply is, without judgement. Nevertheless you can think about this wonder and be in awe.

1. threekeys profile image80
      threekeysposted 17 months agoin reply to this

Hi Peter. To say "deserve" is a judgement call word. It doesn't cancel out the very difficult and challenging calls we are forced to make. But  where I can I follow the Buddhist way of where ALL life is sacred.

2. profile image0
      PeterStipposted 17 months agoin reply to this

Hi threekeys, yes by the question alone I thought you where Buddhist. I would not use the word sacred. To religious to me. But I am in awe of the phenomenon life itself.

3. tamarawilhite profile image90
    tamarawilhiteposted 17 months ago

Every life has value. Humanity deserves to exist. The modern environmentalist view that humans are pollution on the planet, people are inherently bad, the world would become an eden if 95% of humanity died but the environmentalists remained in charge as caretakers rips off Christianity and adds mass murder to the equation ... all to achieve a mythical paradise that has never existed.

Crichton: Environmentalism is a religion
    http://principia-scientific.org/crichto … -religion/

working