fun facts of science
1. Usually rounded the speed of light around the 300 000 km / sec. Accurate measurement is 299 792 458 m / s, equivalent to 186 287.49 miles / s.
2. Light takes 8 minutes and 17 seconds to travel from the Sun to the Earth's surface.
3. On October 12, 1999 was declared "Day of Six Billion People", according to UNforecasts.
4. 10% of human beings of all time is alive at this exact moment.
5. The Earth rotates at a speed of 1 609 km / h, but travels through space at warp speed of 107 826 km / h.
6. Each year over one million earthquakes hit the Earth.
7. When the volcano k. erupted in 1883, the force unleashed was so huge that could be heard in Australia, more than 4800 km away.
8. The largest hailstone weighing 1kg and fell in Bangladesh in 1986.
9. About 100 lightning hit earth every second
10. 1,000 people die hit by a lightning every year
11. In October 1999, an iceberg the size of London broke off the Antarctic ice shelf.
12. If you could drive straight into space, would arrive in just over an hour.
13. human tapeworm can reach up to 22.9m
14. The Earth is 4 560 million years old, like the Moon and the Sun
15. The dinosaurs became extinct before they formed the Rockies or the Alps.
16. The female spiders known as black widows eat males after mating. .
17. When a flea jumps, the rate of acceleration is 20 times that of the space shuttle launch.
18. If the Sun different measure just one inch in diameter (2.54 cm), the nearest star tobe found 716 km away.
19. Australian Kakadu plum contains 100 times more vitamin C than an orange.
20. Astronauts can not burp because the weightlessness does not allow the separation of liquid and gas in their stomachs.
21. At the top of Mount Everest at 8 848 m, air density is only a third of that recorded atsea level.
22. A millionth of a millionth of a millionth of a millionth of a second after the Big Bang, the universe was the size of a pea.
23. The DNA was discovered by Swiss Friederich Mieschler
24. The molecular structure of DNA was first established in 1953 by Watson and Crick.
25. The first synthetic human chromosome was created in 1997 by U.S. scientists.
26. The thermometer was invented in 1607 by Galileo
27. The Englishman Roger Bacon invented the magnifying glass in 1250.
28. Alfred Nobel invented the dynamite in 1886
29. Wilhelm Rontgen was awarded the Nobel Prize in Chemistry for discovering X-rays in 1895.
30. The biggest tree of all time was an Australian eucalyptus. In 1872 recorded aheight of 132 m.
31. Christian Barnard performed the first heart transplant in 1967. The patient lived 18days.
32. The wingspan of a Boeing 747 is greater than the length of the first flight of the Wright brothers.
33. An electric eel can produce a discharge in excess of 650 volts.
34. Wireless communication experienced a breakthrough in 1962 with the launch ofTelstar, the first satellite capable of relaying signals from telephone and satellite television.
35. The first wine producers lived in Egypt around 2300 BC.
36. The Ebola virus kills 4 out of every 5 humans it infects.
37. In 5 billion years the Sun will run out of fuel and become a Red Giant.
38. Giraffes often sleep for 20 minutes a day. They can sleep up to 2 hours (at times,not once), but exceptionally. Never go to bed.
39. A pig's orgasm least 30 minutes
40. Without the mucus layer, the stomach digest itself.
41. Humans have 46 chromosomes, peas 14 and crab 200.
42. In the human body is 96 560 km of blood vessels.
43. A blood cell takes about 60 seconds to complete its journey through the body.
44. Utopia is a large flat surface in mars
45. The day of the funeral of Alexander Graham Bell stopped the entire U.S. telephone system for one minute in mourning.
46. The low frequency call of the humpback whale is the loudest sound produced by a living being.
48. A quarter of the world's plant species are threatened with extinction in 2010.
49. Each person lost more than 18kg of skin during their lifetime.
50. At 38 cm, the eyes of giant squid are the largest in the world.