The Garrett Ace 250 is a great budget priced metal detector!
I have been infatuated with metal detecting ever since I was a kid. In 7th grade I read "The Secret of the Caves" from the original Hardy Boys series. In the book Chet Morton, friend of Frank and Joe Hardy, uses a metal detector to search a beach and coastal caves for treasure. A metal detector was on my wish list that Christmas! My first metal detector was a Micronta 4001 metal detector from Radio Shack that I received for Christmas. I can remember operating it was frustrating or maybe I didn't have the patience at the time because I was still a kid.
Recently I got the metal detecting bug again after reading "Metal Detecting for the Beginner" and again asked Santa for a metal detector. Santa brought me a new shiny Garrett Ace 250 metal detector. OK, so what makes the Garrett Ace 250 metal detector better than my aged Micronta 4001 metal detector from the past?
The following makes the Ace 250 a superior metal detector:
1. A notch filter which allows you to ignore "junk" like pull tabs and iron nails and concentrate on treasure!
2. The ability to adjust sensitivity and depth settings, after all, do you really want to dig 4 feet in hard clay for possible treasure?
3. Built-in pinpointing, click the pinpoint button to determine the exact treasure location.
4. Designed with ergonomics which reduces treasure hunting fatigue.
5. It is made in the USA by a family owned company so you are helping support American jobs!
Once the weather broke in spring I immediately took my Ace 250 up to our local state park and was amazed at all of the coins and few pieces of jewelry I found. What could be better than getting exercise in fresh air and finding a couple trinkets. Metal detecting is also a great hobby for fixed income retirees who could enjoy the day treasure hunting for the price of a few batteries, even less if you subscribe to using rechargeable batteries.
Metal detecting is a great low cost hobby and I am sure the Ace 250 will provide you hours of treasure hunting fun as it did for me.
This is the book I read recently that made me catch the "metal detecting" bug again
Garrett makes a superior pinpointer tool. I highly recommend this accessory.
Photo GalleryClick thumbnail to view full-size
Great Ace 250 instructional videos by Garrett!