- Education and Science»
- Psychology & Psychiatry
Mental manipulation-makes you someone's puppet!
What is mental maunipulation?
Mental manipulation is the power to control the thoughts of others according to your desire. Mental manipulation is often used by cheats in relationships. Mental manipulators use their powers artfully to control others' thoughts and behaviors. A mental manipulator will make you depend entirely on them. They will deprive you of your ability to make decisions and take risks for you. It is just like you are a puppet and they control you with strings. When someone manipulates you, you do not know who you are? What you have to do? You become their puppet and they decide everything for you. You become their slaves and they become your boss.
How is manipulation attempted?
Unfortunately, your loved ones may also attempt to manipulate you mentally. That is why, it is necessary for you to understand manipulation techniques. If someone manipulates you, that does not necessarily mean that they have bad intentions. Sometimes, manipulation may be because of some kind of fear. However manipulation is usually done with bad intentions or as a habit and it adversely affects your growth. There are several ways a manipulator can manipulate you to control your behavior. They may keep on observing and guessing your behavior by showing excess love or hate. Threatening, flattering and demeaning you are their tactics. Sometimes they flatter you too much and tell you that they love you more than anyone else. On the other hand, sometimes they tell you that you are the worst person of this world and they repent on loving you.
How to deal with a mental manipulator?
If you feel depressed while meeting or talking to someone, you might be suffering from mental manipulation. You must be careful about such persons. To deal with a manipulator, you must do the following things:
- Make a list of the things that you do to please such person. Also enlist your feelings at that time.
- Try to observe their method of manipulation. For example, if you’re a sincere friend, a manipulator will call you selfish and relentless.
- Do not be kind and generous to a manipulator.
- A manipulator will always try to let you down and make you ask for apologies. You should never make excuses, as that is what a manipulator wants.
- Keep yourself away from such people emotionally, as they will make you their emotional puppets or slaves.
- A manipulator will never give up without telling you that you’re careless and your behavior is hurting them. However, you should keep on combating and stand firm.
When you will have dealt with a manipulator, you will feel peaceful, powerful and full of life. I hope this hub will help you detect and deal with a mental manipulator.