Middle School Science Fair Guide
Let's Get Started!
Sometimes the hardest part of doing a science fair project is getting started. Every great science project begins with a great idea. Finding that idea isn't always easy.
The Internet is a terrific place to start looking for the perfect idea. Join me on a tour of some idea inspiring sites and resources from Squidoo and on the Web!
Science Fair Categories and Titles
* Color's Effect on Teenager's Preference of Fruit Juices
* Measurement of Motivation
* Mice and Mazes
* Can Intelligence be Increased?
* Experiment in Learning with Turtles and Mice
* Educated Rats
* A Study of Fears
* Prejudice and Insecurity
* Dreaming Habits of High School Students
* Teenagers: Dilemmas, Feelings, and Problems - Who Can Help?
* Fatal Fruit
* The Origin of Life
* Chemical Inhibitors in Plants
* A Natural Insecticide
* How Do Different Wavelengths of Light Affect Photosynthesis?
* Minerals in Leafy Vegetables
* Isolation, Separation, Identification of Synthetic Food Dyes
* Anticancer Antibiotic Agent
* Using Vitamins to Protect Corn Pollen from Radiation
* Effects of Aluminum in Alzheimer's Disease
* Do Algae Need Sleep?
* Experimenting With Leaves
* How Can We Use Energy Produced by Swelling Seeds
* What Do Plants Obtain From Soil?
* Anti-Freeze in Prickly Pear Cactus
* Does Magnetism Affect Plant Growth?
* Effect of Sound on the Growth of Plants
* A Plant Can Grow From a Leaf
* The Plant as a Starch Factory
* What's Inside a Corn Stalk?
* Making Household Pastes and Glues
* Home Spot Remover
* Flowers as Chemical Indicators
* What Causes a Ring on Your Bathtub?
* Observations of Adhesion Between Water and Glass
* How to Make Coconut Sugar
* What is Paint?
* Making Plastics From Gelatin
* Developing Useful Products From Onion Skins
* Composition of a 100 Pound Person
* True Personal Computer
* Voice Synthesis With a Home Computer
* Effect on X-rays on Microcomputer Components
* History, Analysis, Construction of Computers
* Artificial Intelligence: An Electronic Math
* 3-D Computer Graphic Simulation of a Chemical Reaction
* Experiment in Robot Intelligence
* Programming a Computer to Make Decisions
* Computer Synthesis: Voice and Music
* Optical Image Processing by Computer
Earth and Space
* What are Minerals?
* Story of the Earth as Told in Rocks
* Formation of Mountains
* Tin Can Planetarium
* Scale Model of the Solar System
* An Investigation of Solar Energy
* Study of the Moon's Orbit
* Reasons for Seasons
* Is There Life on Mars?
* Studies of Meteors
* Recording of "Shooting Stars"
* Design for a Man-Powered Flying Machine
* Principles of Rockets and Satellites
* Experiences With Solid Rocket Fuels
* Oxygen for Space -- Produced as You Go
* Aerodynamics in Automobiles
* How a Drawbridge Operates
* Cooling Homes with Solar Heat
* Robots of the Future
* The Working of the Gasoline Engine
* Breaking Distances on Various Road Surfaces at 20 MPH
* Principles of a Windmill
* A Solar Motor
* Four Types of Water Wheels
* Unseen Burglar Alarms
* Principles of the Electric Motor
* Conversion of Sunlight into Electricity
* A Model Telephone Set-Up
* Electronic Learning Circuit
* The Flip-Flop Building Block of the Digital Computer
* Do Pesticides Used By Farmers Kill Fish?
* Protection of Beneficial Birds of Prey
* A Solar-Heated Greenhouse
* Importance of Insect Traps
* Effects of Environmental Changes on Pill Bugs
* Animal and Plant Communities
* The Five Life Zones of New Mexico
* Profile of a River
* Forest Food Chains
* Effects of a Hostile Environment on Life
* Chinese Abacus
* Inclined Protractor
* Pattern of Repeating Decimals
* Plane Fun
* Algebraic Investigations of Knots
* Circle Designs
* Curve Stitching
* Dividing a Circle into a Number of Equal Parts
* Geometric Construction of Triangles
* Cloverleaf Knots: Do They Conform to Knot Therapy?
Medicine and Health
* Possible Deafness From Everyday Noise
* Schizophrenia in Relation to Youth
* Experimental Effects of Tobacco Smoke Products
* Effects of Toothpaste on Oral Bacteria
* Antibiotics from the Compost on the Bottom of Fish Tanks
* How Aspirin Affects the Body
* How Long Will You Live?
* What Your Blood Tells
* Starving on a Full Stomach
* Finding the Taste Threshold of One Hundred Teenagers
* Experiments in Vision and Glare
* How Alcohol Affects the Nerves
* What Are Vitamins?
* Estimation of Vitamin C in Fruit Juices
* Microwave Cooking Versus Conventional Cooking
* Bacteria and Environment
* Bacteria and Molds from Seven Different Sources
* Bacteria in Milk
* Study of a Virus
* Fresh Water Protozoa and Their Environment
* Microscopic Aquatic Growths
* Normal and Abnormal Cells
* How Can Chromosomes Be Studied?
* Cellular Growth in a Test Tube
* Cellular Protectors and Scavengers of the Human Body
* Dynamics of the Boomerang
* Principles of Modern Air Conditioning
* Physics of the Eye
* Glass and Light
* Illusion Box
* Light Bulbs and Their Uses
* Poor Man's X-ray Machine
* Sources of Electrical Energy
* The First Battery
* Fundamentals of Static Electricity
* Constructing a Simple Electric Eye
* Understanding Magnetism
* The Properties of a String
* Build Your Own Weather Instruments
* Miniature Tornado
* Euglena: Plant or Animal
* Study of Earthworms
* Spiders and Their Ways
* Did You Ever See a Cockroach Talking?
* Raising Butterflies
* Antics of an Ant
* Beetles and Hearing
* Are Fish Affected by Magnetism?
* Hamster Habits: Male Versus Female
* Do Dogs Have Blood Types?
* An Investigation of Horse Sense
* Experiments in Animal Behavior
* Hibernation of Reptiles
* Interpretation of Sounds Made by Guinea Pigs
* Are Mice Capable of Communicating With Each Other?
Which topic will you enjoy showcasing at your science fair?