- Education and Science
The Importance of Psychology in Health Care
In the health care, the definition of psychology refers to the professional study of expert of the clients and patients regarding the behavioral development of human thought. This field of study generates information and data as to the handling of patients in their emotional stability, thought processes, behavioral stability and other forms of their mental action. In this profession, it is very critical to handle their emotional and behavioral concerns as complemented by their problems of physical and mental health.
Usually, the investigative processes along understanding, describing, predicting and controlling may be needed to respond the concern on psychological and emotional disturbances.
- The confinement of a hospital or clinic indicates so much human pain is conducted by intravenous vaccines, injection, and injury operation.
- The room background as excruciating human condition of health illness and recovery.
- The medical expenses and miscellaneous expenses in the confinement of the clinic or hospital.
- The personal burden of the daily activities of the family in visiting the hospital.
- The personal health in relation to the possibility of death causes emotional worries to them.
The best way to comfort them may apply those worried members of the family as to the health condition of the patients. The psychology of health provides the emotional mechanism to sustain high level of esteem and moral support to reduce the personal and social pain they encounter during the recovery period.
These are the following importance of psychology in health care :
- It appreciates the way how we can comprehend the behavior of the patient to utilize appropriate psychological intervention from them.
- It provides better understanding as to the relationship of the illness and proper way to conduct behavioral therapeutic intervention by the use of effective communication process.
- It ensures effective coping mechanism to reduce the risks of stress-related illness as the result of illness including the feeling of pain in the health recovery of patients.
- It informs the relationship of behavior and its influence to the well-being of the patient.
- It helps the physician to explain the health-related behaviors that affected by the lifestyle (such as the personal vices of smoking, drinking, drug addiction and etc.) and its health consequences .
The study of psychology has an important role in the modification of behavior from the negative response such as depression and stress to positive counter-response such as moral and psychological support, understanding of the behavior,and other effective mechanisms to finally recover from the illness in the hospital.