- Education and Science»
- Medicine & Health Science
Registered Nurse Programs In Hawaii
RN Programs Hawaii
The state of Hawaii has become the most ideal destination for the individuals, job seekers and nursing personnel aiming to start their career in the health care field. There are various reasons that can be cited for their keenness to enter nursing field in HI including:
1. Hawaii is internationally famous tourist destination due to enticing water and waves, beaches, tropical weather, active volcanoes and natural beauty.
2. The acute nursing shortage passing through the United States of America has also made its impact in the state, resulting in the higher demand for the both entry level and advanced practice nurses.
3. Being tourist spot, the major service sectors that offer ample employments are tourism and health care sector.
4. The higher density of population due to the incoming tourists and local residents in the few important cities require constant services of nurses.
5. Being a tourist destination, the cost of living in the state is also very high, resulting in attractive salaries.
But, it is also a fact that to avail these nursing job opportunities, you must be fully trained in the nursing field, and must possess the skills and knowledge to safeguard the public health and welfare through quality and safe nursing cares. The competency in the nursing field can only be availed, if you complete RN Programs Hawaii.
RN Schools Hawaii
The RN programs in HI are offered by various nursing schools, colleges and universities including Hawaii Community College, Hawaii Pacific University, Kapiolani Community College, Kauai Community College, University of Hawaii, University of Hawaii, University of Hawaii Maui College, and University of Phoenix - Hawaii Campus (Honolulu, Miliani, and Kapolei).
HI RN Program Curriculum
The RN Programs in Hawaii Curriculum includes classroom course instruction and clinical hands-on experience. The major courses offered to the students comprises of physiology, behavioral sciences, microbiology, body anatomy, nursing chemistry, pharmacology, nutrition, communication and liberal arts.
The program can be complete in two to fours years by attending campus based full time classes, evening part time classes or online programs.
Online programs and evening classes are specially prepared for the working professionals, who have very tight time schedule and can not attend day time campus classes. Online classes offer flexible times and can be attended at free leisurely hours.
RN Program Tracks
RN Programs can be completed by following different RN educational tracks, such as:
3 years Nursing Diploma (ND) program
2 years Associate of Nursing (ASN) program
4 years Bachelor of Sciences in Nursing (BSN)
2-3 years Accelerated BSN program
The completion of the program offers diploma and degrees, and eligibility to sit for the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN) developed and administered NCLEX-RN national exam (the National Council Licensure Examination) for RN Licensure. The passing of the exam awards you a Registered Nurses credential and practicing RN License for the entry level positions.
Accreditation and Approval
The accreditation to HI RN Programs and schools are granted by either Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). The approval is offered by the Hawaii Board of Nursing.
Related Guidelines About RN Programs In US
- Registered Nurse Salary
You must be aware that Nursing is a noble profession to serve the human kind with the compassion and cares.This field will not only assist you in serving the humanity but also help you in earning attractive salary to meet your living cost comfortable