- Education and Science
Romantic Romanian Phrases
Free Romantic Romanian Phrases for Everyone
Do you want to surprise someone special with romantic Romanian phrases? Many of those who want to learn to speak Romanian are doing this because they are in love with a Romanian (this is the result of a poll).
This is why I decided to make a list of useful romantic Romanian phrases for everyone.
Attention! - - - Instructions for Use
While most of these phrases are perfectly suited to be put in a written message, please do not attempt to say them to your beloved unless you want to make him or her laugh. This might sound funny and awkward if you try to pronounce them without knowing the rules.
If you want to give it a try anyway (because you speak some Romanian or you don't care and take the risk of being funny), go practice the Romanian pronunciation first or ask someone in a language forum to teach you how to pronounce it correctly.
The following phrases can be equally used for guys and girls unless otherwise stated.
What do you like most about the Romanians you know?
- Te iubesc = I love you
- Imi placi / Imi place de tine = I like you
- The ador = I adore you
- Mi-e dor de tine = I miss you
- Iti dau inima mea = I give you my heart
- Ma gandesc la tine = I'm thinking of you
- Esti special / speciala = You are special (if it's a guy / a girl)
- Esti dulce = You are sweet
- M-am indragostit de tine = I fell in love with you
- Ma faci fericit / fericita = You make me happy (if you're a guy / a girl)
- The doresc = I want you
So Many Ways to Say "I Love You"
- The iubesc la nebunie = I love you like crazy
- The iubesc la infinit = I love you infinitely
- The voi iubi mereu = I will always love you
- The iubesc cu toata inima = I love you with all my heart
- The iubesc din suflet = I love you from the soul
- The iubesc mult de tot = I love you a lot
The English translation of these phrases might sound somewhat weird to you. Don't worry, they make perfectly sense in Romanian and be assured that most Romanians love it cheeeesy...
- Inima mea iti apartine = My heart belongs to you
- Mi-ai furat inima = You stole my heart
- Mi-ai intrat in suflet = You entered my soul
- Ma faci sa visez in culori = You make me dream in colors
- Inima mea bate alaturi de a ta = My heart beats next to yours
- Tu ai adus culoare in viata mea = You brought color to my life
- Vrei sa fii tu steaua mea norocoasa? = Do you want to be my lucky star?
- Ai aprins flacarea in inima mea = You've lighted up the fire in my heart
- Imi umplii lumea cu iubire = You fill my world with love
- Dragostea ta imi lumineaza viata = Your love lightens up my life
- Tu esti sufletul meu pereche = You are my soulmate
Love Phrases for Daily Use
- Ti-am spus astazi cat de mult the iubesc? = Did I tell you today how much I love you?
- Ce ma fac eu fara tine? = What am I doing without you?
- M-am gandit la tine toata ziua = I've been thinking of you all day long
- As vrea sa the sarut = I'd like to kiss you
- Esti frumoasa = You are beautiful (if it's a girl)
- Iubitul meu / iubita mea = My beloved (if it's a guy / girl)
- Puiul meu = My biddy (if it's a guy)
- Mugurasul meu = My little bud (if it's a guy)
- Ingerasul meu = My little angel
- Dragostea mea = My love
- Scumpa mea / scumpul meu = My precious (if it's a guy / girl)
- Inimioara mea = My little heart (if it's a girl)
- Printul meu / printesa mea = My prince / my princess
- Dragul meu / draga mea = My dear (if it's a guy / a girl)
Romanian Love Sayings
The following proverbs are not translated word by word into, they are more or less the equivalent of the English proverbs or simply the meaning of their message.
- Cine-mi place eu nu-i plac, cui plac eu nu-mi place mie. - Follow love and it will flee thee; flee love and it will follow thee.
- Dragostea nu se face cu sila. - Love cannot be compelled.
- Dragostea nu are ochi. / Dragostea e oarba, dar casatoria ai gaseste leacul. - Love is blind.
- Dragostea nu e o mosie ca sa o iei cu chirie. - Love is not found in the market.
- Iubirea ca moartea e de tare. - Love is strong as death.
- Cu cat mai dulce limba dragostei la inceput, cu atat mai amara pe la sfarsit. - is sweet in the beginning but sour in the ending.
- Cine la dragoste cade, antai mintea i se scade. - Love is without reason.
- Nimic peste putintÃ£ la dragoste se-ntelege. - Love will find a way
- Iubirea trece prin apa, nu-i e frica ca se-neaca. - Love will go through stone walls.
- Nici o boala nu-i mai grea ca dorul si dragostea. - No herb will cure love.
- Dragostea dintai nu se uita. - No love like the first love.
- Dragostea cea veche ati sopteste la ureche. - Old love will not be forgotten.
Was this helpful? Did you find what you were looking for? Feel free to leave any suggestions that might improve this site.