MERCHANT NAVY !!! THE OCEAN OF GOLDEN PENNIES
FROM EDITOR'S DESK...
I have read somewhere that , "The pearls can be found in deeper oceans." I believe this is absolutely correct in terms of career in Merchant Navy.
Merchant Navy is a huge world of opportunities. The deeper you go with this profession the maximum you get as returns for all your endeavors to live a standard life . This , i believe is one of the very few professions that offer a very attractive pay packages along with a world class lifestyle and an opportunities to explore the whereabouts of the world .
CHALLANGING THE WAVES
DO YOU HAVE IT IN YOU !!!
- TEAMWORK SPIRIT
- HARDWORKING NATURE
- SINCERITY TOWARDS YOUR WORK
- RESPONSIBILITY TOWARDS YOUR DUTIES
- RESPECT FOR YOURSELF AND YOUR WORK
- COMMON SENSE
- WILLINGNESS TO EXPLORE AND ENJOY ADVENTURES AT SEA
- WILLINGNESS TO EARN BEST SALARY IN SERVICE INDUSTRY WITH HONOUR AND GRACE
- WILLINGNESS TO ROAM AROUND THE WORLD AND EXPLORE THE UNIVERSAL CLIMATIC CONDITIONS AND LIFESTYLES
THEN YES !!! You are the right person
to go to sea.
THE CALM , ENDLESS , EVER ADVENTUROUS SEAS ARE CALLING YOU WITH OPEN ARMS.
"Merchant Navy" as the name suggests , is a world of huge mercantile shipments and transportation through various sea routes of he world. It has been existing for ages but has not yet got the deserving popularity. This is because , in earlier days this profession really involved hectic working hours , tough tasks of cargo handling and stowage and very skillful task of navigation through oceans and other congested waterways . Moreover , people who were engaged in this profession had to live out of their home and away from their loved ones , just to earn livelihood and some luxaries to their families .
However, now it's a different story. Over a period of time , this profession has fluorished beautifully and has seen the days of development in all sectors of shipping , such as :
- The use of sophisticated tools, machinery and equipments in order to achieve a good out turn.
- Use of computers and information technology to reduce the communication gaps and the clerical works.
- Use of International rules and regulations to influence the shipping industry with the best work atmosphere and SAFETY CULTURE.
- Deployment of properly trained , certified and skilled personnel to decrease the rate of human injury , accidents and cargo damage etc.
- Use of satellite services for better and continuous communication facilities.
- Establishment of international cargo terminals , so as to promote international trade at massive scale.
Further more, over a past few years , couple of International regulations have been coming in to force , making the seafarers lives better than the earlier days. These regulations have imposed certain good effects such as :
- Regulation controlled training and certification standards to enable the follow up of Code Of Safe working Practices.
- Regulation controlled working and rest hours for seafarers.
- Regulation controlled salaries and wages to seafarers.
- Improvised safety standards to ensure the Safety Of Life At Sea.
- Reduced contract tenures.
- Seafarers work place health and life insurance borne by the shipping companies.
- Permission by the shipping companies to carry families on board.
- Increased security measures which have considerably reduced the threat of seafarers being vulnerable to some mishaps of safety threats.
However , the above
features given in general but some of them may depend on the shipping
companies and may vary up to some extent.
Gentleman; the current lot of the youngsters will get to see the best of the shipping industry, if they really are interested in going out at sea for their dream career in "MERCHANT NAVY"
" WISH YOU ALL A BRIGHT CAREER AND HEALTHY LIFE AT SEA.