Create Some Glass Music - A Fun Science Experiment For Kids!
Is The Glass Singing?
If you are looking to create your own glass music, then you have landed at the right place. Most of us love music. Adults and kids alike love to relax to their favorite tunes after a hard day. Do you know that you can create your own music by using simple items? All you need are a few stem glasses, water and different food colorings and you are all set to create your own unique glass music.
Things You Will Need To Make Your Own Glass Music
- Stem glasses of various shapes and sizes.
- Food coloring
How To Mak Your Glass Sing!
- Fill half of a stem glass with water.
- Dip your finger into it.
- Hold the base of the glass firmly and press your wet finger of the other hand onto the rim of the glass.
- Move your wet finger slowly around the rim of the glass.
- You will hear the glass singing! This happens because of the vibrations produced by the glass when you move your wet finger around the rim.
You can now try this experiment out with different shaped stem glasses. Make the whole experiment a little more colorful and vibrant by adding a different food coloring to the water in each of the stem glasses. Additionally, when you use different shaped stem glasses you will get variations in your glass music! Now changing the level of water in each of them. You will get a different sound from each stem glass. For instance, a larger glass filled with water produces a lower note whereas a smaller stem glass filled with less water produces a sharper ringing sound.
Buy A Primary Science Set
If your child is just starting out with doing experiments, then this is the Science set to buy! It comes with an activity guide along with the basic Science lab equipments like beaker, magnifying glass, funnel, eyedropper, flask, tweezers, goodles, large 6" test tube and stand and 2 small test tubes.
You Might Also Be Interested In -
- 5 Quick and Easy Water Science Experiments for Kids
Learn more about basic water Science facts from these simple, fun experiments. Can be done in the comfort of your own home in a matter of minutes using everyday items.
- Grow Crystals at Home in a Jar of Water
Step by instructions on how to grow crystals fast at home. A Science project idea that is apt for kids and teens.
- Step By Step Instructions On How To Make A Vinegar Volcano!
Learn how you can make your own vinegar volcano with these simple step by step instructions.
- How to Clean Water - A Fun Science Experiment for Kids!
Learn how you can clean water. It's easy and simple.
© 2011 Kalpana Iyer