- Education and Science»
- Sociology & Anthropology
Superstitions of Bangladesh
Commonly believed superstitions of Bangladesh
Today, while surfing the internet aimlessly, I find some "Superstitions of Bangladesh". Some of them are so funny, some are scary. Here go 15 superstitions of Bangladesh-
1. Don't eat an egg before appearing for an examination. You might get a 'zero' if you do so.
2. The first (prospective) customer of your shop in the morning should not be returned without selling him/her anything.
3. You have to donate 2.5 kilograms of salt if you kill a cat.
4. You should not cut your nail, hair at night. It brings ill luck.
5. If a plate falls from your hand accidentally, some guest is coming to your house.
6. If you sell something in credit to your first customer in the morning, you will have to sell in credit the rest of the time of that day.
7. Never utter your husband's name to others; you will have a bad luck.
8. Don't sell goods for an even numbered price. Always sell in an odd number price.
9. If you eat ants, you will learn swimming quickly.
10. Pregnant women should not cut any fish or meat.
11. Foxes got married when the sun shines in a rainy day.
12. New bride should be entered in the house of husband on the lap of her husband's brother-in-law (sister's husband)
13. If you get hiccups while eating, it means someone is remembering you.
14. If a pregnant woman eats a twin banana, she will have twin babies.
15. If you see a broom before leaving the house, you will have a bad journey.