Weather Themed Gifts
Weather Gifts for Folks that Just Love the Weather
If you know someone that is crazy about all things weather, from storm chasing to watching the clouds to charting the new Atlantic hurricane or Pacific typhoon to constantly checking one of the many weather apps on his smart phone, then you have come to the right place to look for weather related gifts.
I've assembled a fun assortment of gifts for the weather lovers in your life both young and old. Like cool mugs, antique and vintage weather instruments, posters, weather vanes, thermometers (like my husband's Galileo thermometer on the left), umbrellas, stuff for babies, calendars, weather theme jewelry with lightning bolts and umbrellas, plus books, art and a whole lot more!
Your Own Weather Station
Every weather aficionado needs their own weather station. This complete wireless weather station measures windspeed, wind direction, rainfall, temperature and indoor and outdoor humidity, dewpoint, windchill and barometric pressure.
A Wireless Weather Station is the Modern Great Gift
* Includes 4080 point data logging, USB interface and windows software for real time monitoring
* Internet Publishing with free Wunderground.com hosting services
* Compact and easy to install the complete weather station
* Has impressive reliability at a very low cost.
* Transmits at 45 second intervals over a 300' wireless line of sight range
* Touch screen display console with temporary backlight. No AC power required.
* Thin and portable console design ideal for wall mount or desktop display
A Galileo Thermometer and Glass Barometer is a Beautiful Gift
This handsome glass weather instrument uses a blend of old and new technology to interpret the weather. The Galileo thermometer is filled with a clear liquid suspending multiple colored weights. As the liquid within changes temperature, its density changes allowing the weights to rise or fall. The lowest weight at the very top of the Galileo reflects the temperature. Similarly, the glass water barometer indicates changes in air temperature. A low fluid level in the glass spout generally means fair weather while a higher fluid level in the glass spout means inclement weather is coming. The set is mounted on a wood base; approximately 8 inches long and 8 inches high
* Cylindrical thermometer and barometer set; inspired by Galileo's own instruments
* Interprets temp and weather based on principles of buoyancy and air pressure
* Colorful, liquid filled spheres descend and ascend with atmospheric changes
* Barometer features the world globe etched in the glass
This Home Weather Station has a Weather Alert Radio Too!
* The outdoor sensor reads temperature, humidity, and barometric pressure to be displayed on your home weather station
* Then your emergency weather radio with NOAA National Weather Service transmits alerts for your location as you travel
* 50 mile signal scan receives 7 digitally tuned NOAA channels
* Responds to all hazards and warnings for NOAA, NWS, Department of Defense and Weatheradio Canada
* Battery or AC power
* Backlit display is bright for easy readability
Weather Station Plus Portable Weather Alert Radio from AcuRite
Antique and Vintage Weather Instruments
Today you can bid for or buy these antique and vintage weather instruments on eBay
Classic Weathervanes Are Unusual Gifts
Who would think of this unusual gift for the weather lover? Either of these two weather vanes would give a classic finish to any house.
Aluminum Eagle Weather Vane
Classic Rooster Weathervane
Banjo Barometer, Thermometer, Hygrometer in Deep Cherry - A Great Gift - Measures 22 1/2" tall and 7 1/4" wide
Here we have a fine cherry wood banjo thermometer
* Solid wood mount - German dials with convex lenses
* Temp. Range: 0F-120F (-18C-50C)
* Barometer Range: 28.0" to 31.9" hg and Elevation 0' to 3000'
* Hygrometer Range: 0 to 100% RH
Mobile Weather Gifts
Here's an item for your weather needs on the go. A weather station in a watch!
Amazing Wrist Watch for the Outdoor Enthusiast
Keep abreast of the outdoor conditions with this amazing wrist-top computer watch that has an altimeter, barometer, compass, and GPS navigator
* navigate to a spot or hiking a specific path
* altimeter displays current elevation and vertical ascent and descent rate
* barometer helps you predict changing conditions
* has a built-in digital compass
* water-resistant to 330 feet; 3 daily alarms; 2-year warranty
This Calendar is a Must Have for 2015
2015 Weather Calendar
Read about the Weather in These Diverse Books
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs - A Fun Book and Movie to Give to the Weather Lover
A weather fairy tale for all ages. What happens in the tiny town of Chewandswallow when it starts to rain food? .....
Below you can buy this funny weather film
Weather Projects and Reading for the Budding Meteorologist - A Gift for the Weather Lover at Any Age
FitzRoy: The Remarkable Story of Darwin’s Captain and the Invention of the Weather Forecast
Sights and Sounds of Weather
This section has weather art, films and recordings