- Entertainment and Media»
- Movies & Movie Reviews
10 Greatest Movie Villains
The Face Of Evil
Evil In All Shapes And Sizes
Recently, I was watching the movie "12 Rounds." It was a horrible movie, but I enjoyed the "villain" of the story because he didn't look like your typical bad guy. He was small and skinny... but, he was smart and cunning. In my opinion, the best movie villains are the ones who you wouldn't expect to be a murderous villain in the first place. The guy or gal who makes you think BEFORE he kills you... Now, THAT is a villain. I did some thinking, and I came up with the following list of the greatest villains of all time. This is completely an opinion piece. I'm sure many will disagree. If you would like to add anyone, please leave it in a comment. It is quite possible that I overlooked a few.
10. VIGGO THE CARPATHEAN - "Ghostbusters 2." This guy is evil AND he's a painting. Now, THAT is crazy. He is even awesome enough to create a river of evil slime underneath New York City. How exactly do you kill a painting from the 10th century? Well, who ya gonna call?
09. FREDDY KRUEGER - "Nightmare On Elm Street." Freddy is the only horror movie character I added to my list. I've always been deathly afraid of Freddy, but strangely intrigued as well. He's an intelligent, evil, burnt, dead man. He's smart enough to kill you... in your dreams...
08. THE QUEEN - "Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs." Snow White is the only Disney princess whose step-mother actually tried to KILL her. That, my dearies, is pure evil.
07. VINCENT VEGA AND JULES WINNEFIELD- "Pulp Fiction." They may not be the smartest killers, but they are entertaining. Mr. Winnefield also likes to quote the Bible at times before he kills you. He'll even preach to you. I must say, it will peek your interest.
06. MR. SMITH - "The Matrix." Oh, Mr. Smith, you're an intelligent, yet scary man. In my opinion, Mr. Smith is the best part of "The Matrix" movies. Just the way he says "Mr. Anderson" will send shivers down your spine.
05. TYLER DURDEN - "Fight Club." Arguably, one of the best movies of our time. But, is Tyler Durden TRULY a villain? What do YOU think?
04. ALEX DELARGE - "A Clockwork Orange." This guy is creepy. He scares the sh!t out of me. Period. I can't watch the movie without being genuinely disturbed.
03. JIGSAW - The "Saw" Movies. Jigsaw is great at putting bad people in worse situations. You almost are on Jigsaw's side... until you see the torturous adventures he puts people in. Jigsaw is dying and trying...in his own way... to make these rotten people appreciate their lives more. I think he could do this without all of the gore... but THAT would make a good movie, now would it?
02. THE JOKER - "The Dark Knight." The Joker doesn't care about friends, love, or even money. HE cares about "sending a message." A message of Chaos. He's void of any emotions... except excessive anger and excessive humor. It is known that "The Joker" is highly intellectual and chooses to use his brilliant insanity for the purpose of evil.
I know what you're thinking... I put THE JOKER at NUMBER 2? WHO COULD BE NUMBER 1???
01. HANS GRUBER - "Die Hard." Suave, brilliant, and pure German evil. There's no doubt in my mind that if it wasn't for that darn John McClane, he would have succeeded in his quest. He looks like a normal man, he even has the ability to speak like a normal man, but he's not even close to normal. But, as we all know, looks can be deceiving. Hans has no heart, he only uses logic. And he uses that logic to get his way, no matter what the cost. EVEN if the cost is your life.
Thank you for reading! And feel free to add to the list...