- Entertainment and Media»
10 Notable Bob Dylan Quotes
Thoughts of a Legend
A skinny, folk music aficionado from Minnesota went to New York, and ended up becoming the face of a generation. His deep insights, and often scathing contempt, for the established order of things created a situation where many looked to him as a prophet. The fans stalked his entire life, frequently showing up at his house and asking him for things, even going through his garbage. Dylan came to resent this fame, and withered away from an intense pressure of people expecting his brilliance to be consistently present. From prophet to recluse, Bob Dylan has seen and said much, so without further ado, here are 10 memorable Bob Dylan quotes.
1. "People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent."
2. "What good are fans? You can't eat applause for breakfast. You can't sleep with it."
3. "What's money? A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to be at night, and in between, does what he wants to do."
4. "Just because you like my stuff doesn't mean I owe you anything."
5. "Being noticed can be a burden. Jesus got himself crucified because he got himself noticed. So, I disappear a lot."
6. "Basically, you have to suppress your own ambitions in order to be who you need to be."
7. "When you feel in your gut what you are, and then dynamically pursue it - don't back down and don't give up - then you're going to mystify a lot of folks."
8. "Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet."
9. "I've been up the mountain, and I had a choice. Should I come down? So I came down. God said, 'Okay, you've been up on the mountain, now you go down. You're on your own, free. Check in later, but now you're on your own."
10. "If I wasn't Bob Dylan, I'd probably think that Bob Dylan has a lot of answers myself."