15 Reasons to Attend a Star Trek Convention
15. Where else are you going to find a pair of day-glo Vulcan ears, Walmart?
14. You can make a lot of good computer repair contacts.
12. It's the second best place to bone up on your Klingon (after the KLI).
12. The food is good, except for the qagh.
11. You can be a redshirt and not get killed.
10. Watching a diehard Kirk fan and a diehard Picard fan debate is hilarious.
9. Somebody definitely knows what happened in that episode you missed the end of seventeen years ago.
8. There are more green ladies per capita than anywhere else in the world- who wouldn't find that entertaining?
7. The person you're discussing transporter technology with might be a physicist or a 7-11 cashier. It's more interesting if you never find out.
6. It's the only place that MIGHT have something better than Ebay.
5. You just might sell your novel. Probably not but maybe.
4. You just might make a great friend. Maybe not but probably.
3. Find a booth with a Ferengi selling something and see if you can get him to lower his price a dollar. Whether or not you succeed, you'll have a great story to tell!
2. Nothing builds character like waiting in line two hours to spend three seconds getting a smile and an autograph from George Takei.
1. Embrace your nerdiness!