10 Things That Drive Me Insane!
Why do things drive us mad? So many times in the day I want to scream 'For goodness sake stop being an idiot!' Or more to the point, 'If I hear that one more time I am going to scream my head off'!
So why do certain things stick in our throats and drive us insane? Is it just stupidity? Or is it just that we think 'Well I could have done that better, so why the heck are they the ones on TV?
Whether its Adverts, Bimbo's or just plain stupid use of language, here are 10 things that drive me completely bonkers, nuts, round the twist, up the hill and down the funny farm, and of course round the bend!
Towie Himbo's and Bimbo's
Oh for goodness sake!
- People who just cannot get a persons name right. Or even worse, the proper name for a town. I live over the bridge from somewhere called Bisham. Now its pronounced Bis-ham, Bis meaning twice in French, and Ham short for Hamlet. I can categorically state that I will scream in someone's ear the next time I hear the words ' I live at Bisham, with the Sh bit in the middle! Even people on TV say it! Last time I heard it down my town I yelled, Bis- Ham you dumbass! Were they surprised? Yep! So was all the 20,000 other people at the Rally!
- Brainless Bimbo's on TV! There is a TV program Called Towie. Short for The Only Way Is Essex. I was under the impression that actually to be on TV you had to have a brain! Obviously not! The girls and guys staring in the series are covered from head to foot in orange tan lotion, long nails false eyelashes and too much bling. And that's only the guys! Were we like that back in the day? NO! Ten minutes of this drivel and I am climbing the walls! Take a look at the video below, and see what I mean!
- There's an Advert on TV where two guys are selling a car. One is American and the Other one is English. After a long conversation the American says ' Look at the Aluminium Sign, (pronounced Aloominum) And the English guy replys ' Its pronounced Alum in ium, there's a U in it!' I have been known to scream at the TV, You Stooopid Idiot! Its the I that you should be saying not that damn U!
The Only Way Is Dumb Bimbo!
4. Why is it when you go into a store to buy something the Sales Assistant has to follow you around like a sheep? You step over the threshold and they appear out of nowhere and say 'Can I help you'? How the hell do I know? I just got here! They then hover like a demented mosquito peering over your shoulder and saying 'That's nice, or Ooh that one will look great on you'! How the hell do they know I am buying it for me? 'Nuff said!
5. Back to the bimbo's and himbo's again! Why is it that every time you walk down the street you get a girl or guy walk straight into you because they are texting on their damn phones? Can't they function without the things? Every single time! Argggh!
6. Sorry, phones again! Why is it that I always end up sitting next to or in front of someone in a train or bus who has to keep talking on the cell phone? Yak Yak Yak! I just want to grab the phone and throw it out of the window!
Take a look at the video below! Now that's revenge of the fate kind! Haha! And no I didn't trip her up! What me?!
Girl falls into the fountain while texting! Hee Hee!
Stupid is as stupid does!
7. TV Programs that try to promote someone on them by going on about their well, personal life! If you get my point! Even worse, the Daily Papers splashing it all over the news the next day! Okay, I get the point if its someone in their twenties, looks a knockout and can get away with it, but someone 70 years old?
For goodness sake! Surely the headlines should be, 'She had cocoa before bedtime! Yes I am talking about Big Brother! A few years ago, Julie Goodyear from Coronation Street was all over the news because, well, she...er...you get my point!
Why oh why would we care what she got up to in the sack? And No, I am not going to show that clip from the show! Yuck!
8. Milk Cartons! Why is it that every time I try to open the darn thing, it slips out of my hands and crashes to the ground where it explodes in a cascade of white froth? Do they want us to drink it or wash the floor with it? What's with the high security stuck lid? super glue? Every time, and I mean every time I end up cutting myself, soaking myself or just throwing it away in the trash!
9. Vacuum cleaners that spit out the dust! You buy a new vacuum and bam! Ten minutes later it spews out the rubbish like some sort of alien creature on a drink binge! You then proceed to clear it, and the whole thing falls to pieces! Yes it happened to me today!
10. And last but not very much least, back to BIMBO'S! Now how did you guess? How do they get the rich good looking guy, a Porsche, no problems loads of friends and foreign holidays, when people like me and you work our butts off just trying to make a living? I have the answer to that one! They don't care! They don't think, and they definitely don't worry about a thing!
Maybe we can learn something from that!
What Drives You Insane?
© 2012 Nell Rose