- Entertainment and Media
Random and Funny Facts
Have you ever wondered how to burn off some calories? Well, try banging your head against the wall! That's right, banging your head on the wall for just one hour can burn up to 150 calories! No one ever looks into these things. Either they don't care, don't take the time, or are too busy learning other things. But after reading through this you can now have one up on the crowd by dropping these random facts! Some of you may not believe these facts, but look them up! They are all true, even if they are pretty outrageous.
Do you have anything you are afraid of that other people might find amusing? Well, if you have anything on this list then it could be. Some find these things funny and humorous, but others find them terrifying!
- Ever been tickled by a feather? Did it scare you? If it did, you might have Pteronophobia, which is the fear of being tickled by a feather.
- Most of us like to bob our head or tap our feet to a good song. Others like to break out and bust a move...but not if you have Chorophobia. This is the fear of dancing.
- Does the ticking of a clock ever drive you nuts? Does it make you feel uneasy? Well you could have Chronomentrophobia, the fear of clocks.
- Have you ever seen a movie where a tree comes to life? Well this could be a reason why people have Dendrophobia, the fear of trees.
- Ever freaked yourself out by looking in a mirror? That doesn't really mean you are having a bad hair day or are just plain ugly. It may mean you have Eisoptrophobia, the fear of mirrors or seeing yourself in a mirror.
- Do you ever think you know too much? Well it might scare you if you have Epistemophobia, which is the fear of knowledge.
Funny Animal Facts
Animals are one of my favorite things in life. If you watch some of them long enough, they can be very amusing. Here are some facts that are funny, cute and just plain entertaining.
- Sea otters hold hands when they sleep to keep from drifting apart. It is the cutest thing to see their little paws holding on to each other while sleeping belly up! (See photo)
- Ever seen a squirrel plant a tree? Well, sometimes they do, simply because they forget where they put their acorns!
- When playing together, a male puppy will often let the female win, even if they have an advantage. What little gentlemen!
- Turtles can breathe through their butts. I bet they have some pretty bad breath!
- Oysters can change gender depending on which is best for mating. I wonder if that ever got them on the cover of a magazine...
- Elephants are huge, we all knew that. But to put it to scale, a single tooth from an elephant can weigh up to nine pounds!
- How long can you hold your breath? How long can you stay awake while working? Well if you are an ant, you never sleep and do not have lungs, so you can do both as long as you want!
- Ever tried to catch a butterfly, or just let one land on you? Harmless enough right? Not if you happen upon a certain one in Africa, with enough poison on its body to kill six cats!
- Do you hate scorpions? If you want to fight back against the deadly stingers, just put a small amount of alcohol on it. It will go crazy and start to sting itself!
Riddle Me This
Do you think you know the facts? Well, try answering these questions. If nothing else, they are fun to think about, and hopefully give you a laugh, even if you figure out an answer.
- Read this sentence. "This sentence is false." Is this a true statement? If the sentence is false, that makes this statement true...but the statement says this sentence is false. Confused yet?
- Is it the S or the C that is silent in the word Scent?
- If you get out of the shower clean, how does your towel get dirty?
- Can you cry under water?
- Why are you IN a movie, but ON the TV?
- If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables...where does baby oil come from?
- If the sky is the limit...why are there footprints on the moon?
- Are eyebrows considered facial hair?
- If God sneezes...what do you say to him?
- Can you daydream at night?
- How can something be both "new" and "improved"?
How much do you know? (No cheating!)
view quiz statistics
Here are a few random World Records that you might want to try...or maybe not. Feel free to give it a shot!
- The stated record for most questions asked at a drive-thru (in the USA) is 30 questions. Can you beat that?
- The world's largest rubber band ball was made with over 700,000 rubber bands. I thought I did alright when I made one with about 200...not anymore.
- Do you like hamburgers? Have you ever had a $400 burger? Well in Southgate, Michigan there is a place called Mallie's Sports Grill & Bar, that will serve you the worlds largest burger for $400. It weighs in at 164.8 pounds. It comes with two HUGE buns and all the toppings as well! You might want to bring some friends for this one.
- How many straws can you fit in your mouth at once? 10? 20? 100? Well, the world record is 400 straws for 10 seconds.
- Do you like snails? Ever put one on your face? Well if you can handle more than 46 of them...you might be able to break the world record!
- If you are like me, being buried alive would be one of your worst fears. Not for Zdenek Zahradka, who spent 10 whole days buried alive, with no food or water, and nothing but a breathing pipe. He shattered the previous record...which was four days.
- Are you or someone you know growing a really epic beard? I bet they are proud of it too, as most bearded men are. Not nearly as proud as the man with the longest beard,Sarwan Singh, who grew his to 2.33 meters long, or about 7.64 feet!