- Entertainment and Media
A Few Things You Probably Didn't Know About the Creators of South Park
Trey Parker and Matt Stone are creative partners and good friends best known for being co-creators of South Park. As someone very interested in screenwriting and film production, I’m always curious to learn a little bit about more about the people behind Hollywood success stories, who they are, what they like, what kind of background they come from, etc. Below is a list of things that I learned about Trey Parker and Matt Stone that I found interesting and wanted to share with my fellow lovers of ‘fun facts’.
1. Stone and Parker launched their careers with a holiday short film called “Jesus vs. Frosty.” The short film continues to be a well-traveled road to launching a career in the film industry.
2. Matt Stone graduated from the University of Colorado at Boulder, and was their first student to double major in film and mathematics. People are often described as being left-brain dominant or right-brain dominant and so I find it very interesting when someone is clearly skilled at using both.
3. Trey Parker’s parents’ names are Randy and Sharon and they share both first names and occupations, a geologist and insurance broker, with South Park characters.
4. Trey Parker’s real name is Randolph Severn Parker III. Trey is just a pen name.
5. Parker and Stone met at the University of Colorado.
6. Parker refuses to eat veal because it comes from a baby animal.
7. Stone and Parker are members of the comedy band DVDA.
8. When the duo wore dresses to the Oscars in 2000 they were on acid.