Akb48's 29th Single Eien Pressure: All You Need to Know About the Song
The Type B version cover for Eien Pressure
What Is in This Article About Eien Pressure?
Popular girl group AKB48 has released lots of singles in their career. AKB48’s 29th single Eien Pressure is another one of them. This article covers some of the interesting facts about the song that pop music fans will enjoy. Also, we will discuss what the song Eien Pressure is about because what song analysis would be complete without a discussion of its lyrical themes?
Eien Pressure Theater Edition track listing
- Eien Pressure
- Totteoki Christmas
- Watashitachi no Reason (note: Haruka Nakagawa of JKT48 sang on this song).
- Eien Pressure (no vocals)
- Totteoki Christmas (no vocals)
- Watashitachi no Reason (no vocals)
The most popular members that sang on the single Eien Pressure
The 16 top ranking (Senbatsu) members for the single were:
- Haruka Shimazaki
- Mariko Shinoda
- Yui Yokoyama
- Moeno Nito
- Maria Abe
- Mayumi Uchida
- Tomomi Itano
- Ami Maeda
- Natsumi Matsubara
- Chisato Nakata
- Yuki Kashiwagi
- Mariko Nakamura
- Miyu Takeuchi
- Ayaka Umeda
- Kasumi Ueno
- Kanon Kimoto
Center for the Single Eien Pressure and Editions
Haruka Shimazaki got the center position for Eien Pressure. The single was released on December 5, 2012. It is the follow-up to the single called UZA. Eien Pressure had four regular editions including a theater edition. I am only including the track listing for the Theater Edition.
A photo of Haruka Shimazaki for Eien Pressure
Interesting Facts about AKB48’s 29th Single Eien Pressure
- This marks the first time that Chisato Nakata, Mariko Nakamura, and Kasumi Ueno were selected as Senbatsu members.
- Eien Pressure was also the last time that Matsubara, Nito, and Uchida would be selected as Senbatsu members.
- This would be the last single for Natsuki Sato and Yuka Masuda.
- This is the first AKB48 single that had four versions (Types A, B, C, and D).
- This is the first time that Haruna Kojima was not ranked in the top 16. Kojima has released a photo book called Kojiharu.
- The Theater Edition cover for the single was the first solo cover for Shimazaki.
- Eien Pressure sold a total of 1,073,499 copies in 2012.
- It sold 133,370 copies in 2013.
- Eien Pressure spent 31 weeks inside the Top 200.
- As of this writing, Eien Pressure has sold a total of 1,206,869 copies.
"Eien Pressure" LIVE Performance
What is the Song Eien Pressure About?
Eien Pressure is a song about a girl that feels like she is being pressured to get into a relationship with a guy that just came back from a movie with his friends. She wants to be beautiful but at the same time she tells the guy to not expect much from her. She feels like she is forced to adopt an image of beauty that is unrealistic. She is not skilled at learning how to live and she tells the guy that is following her that everyone differs in personality type. She thinks that love is like pressure that is eternal. Is love really like a bunch of pressure? She ends up saying that she really loves him and she wants to be with him. Eien Pressure is a very high energy song and stylistically it is not much different from Heavy Rotation.
Rate AKB48's Eien Pressure
© 2016 Ara Vahanian