53 Talented Actresses to 40 Years Old Plus
A Beautiful Fixer Who Fixes Issues Beautifully
Kerry Washington DOB: 01/31/1977 Bronx, New York. Kerry is a beautiful talented sexy lady who radiates charisma on and off the screen.
She is now in the popular Scandal on ABCand has a starring role of Olivia Pope who plays an intelligent, professional “Fixer” she knows how to make issues disappear before anyone is aware of their presences in politics or any crisis in the White House and beyond. No secret can hid from her when she is doing her job as fixer.
Olivia quit her previous job as a White House Communications Director for President Grant---although the President and Olivia still love each other she had to leave for her own stability.
The popular show is getting hotter with fans with the current events of: President Grant has been shot and he is hanging on to life with a thread---chaos has taken over.
Kerry has 46 titles to her credit---movies and television. I wish her well as she has become one of my top shining stars to watch---she is a great actress.
And, I am sure everyone wants to know is Kerry Washington dating? The answer is she was married in June to Nnamdi Asomugha. I know that makes a lot of men sad to hear that news.
I wish her and Nnamdi all the happiness in the world.
The best news for Kerry and Nnamdi they are going to have a baby. Yes, Kerry is pregnant and she glows with happiness. Best Wishes to all three.
Piper Lisa Perabo was born October 31, 1976 in Dallas Texas moved to New York after she graduated from college to start her acting career.
She had a few short roles in the beginning which were good for her career. However the role that rocketed her acting career into Movie Orbit was playing Violet Sanford in Coyote Ugly.
Violet’s dream is to be a famous song writer so she moves to New York to begin her career.
She stars on one of my favorite shows “Covert Affairs” as Annie Walker who is a CIA Operative. This will be her fourth season and the show is still very popular.
And, how could it not be with Piper and her sweet smile and quick actions all over the screen.
If there is anyone reading this that has not seen Covert Affairs then do yourself a favor and watch one show. I think you will become a fan---I know I am.
Piper has 38 titles to her credit and has a new movie opening this year. She has played withHollywood’s top stars and her fans are watching her star rise above the clouds soaring into orbit.
The men want to know: Who is Piper dating? Does Piper Perabo have a boyfriend? We will have to wait for the answers, however, I hope she is happy and enjoying her life.
And we can support her by watching her movies. Covert Affairs was cancelled after the 5th season in 2014---sad but true. We can watch Covert Affairs DVD's and have a Covert Affairs weekend of Annie, Ryan, Auggie, Joan, Arthur, Calder and the rest of the cast. I will miss this show because I wrote about it for three years and they were like family to all the fans that read my reviews.
Drew Barrymore DOB: February 2, 1975 Culver City, California. Although most of us remember first seeing Drew Barrymore in E.T. she began her career as a three year old baby in a Television movie---Suddenly, Love---.
Drew has 64 credited titles to her credit and she is a producer of over a dozen T.V. series and movies and has directed also. Our sweet face little Drew we saw in E.T. has grown up and now has a baby of her own. She is still the delightful, free-spirited and multi-talented lady. Her latest movie is---Big Miracle---which opened in February 2012.
I am so happy that Drew now has a family of her own--- her happiness shines through---as she appears more beautiful than ever. Her life is just beginning to shimmer now she has a baby star and husband star in her life to bring her joy. My best wishes to Drew who has finally found her dream.
Drew Barrymore---Has Done it Her Way.
It is my honor to pay tribute to and share my favorite actresses whose beauty and multi-talents has mesmerized us for many years. Their talents range from singing, dancing, writing, producing and directing.
Many started at a very young age like Drew Barrymore---while we watched in awe as they grew-up from children to the lovely young women---they are today. No one will ever forget E.T. and that precious little Drew face with her expressions. She stole my heart then and became one of my favorites and I’ve enjoyed her movies--- and been a devoted fan for many years---as I watch and support all my favorites.
Drew is a descendant of the Barrymore’s who were actors and actresses; therefore the performing gene was passed down to her and she has stayed a true blue Barrymore by using her gift.
We all miss her Dad---John Drew Barrymore who died in 2004---it was too soon for him to go. And I am sure he was very proud of Drew career and how she matured into a special person. I am a fan of Drew Barrymore movies---she has more movies planned in her future.
Kate Hudson and Angelina Jolie Excels in their Acting Careers
Some in this age category have parents or family who are actors or actresses or both---Kate Hudson’s mother is Goldie Hawn---one of my super-favorites.
And Angelina Jolie’s father is John Voight---I remember seeing her at the awards when she was very young holding her father’s hand---he is a great actor.
She was a beautiful child then and now a lovely lady and mother.
And then the brave ones who came to Hollywood on their own from all over the United States and other countries to obtain a career as an actress---not knowing anyone---living with four or five roommates to be able to afford a place to live.
Many young hopefuls came with little money but found jobs working as waitresses, barmaids, and in night clubs and various other places to pay their way until getting a part in the movies.
They were unwavering, assertive with one aspiration in mind---to be an actress---a magnificently great one---and they have arrived with fireworks blazing on the screen, stage and television.
Every week one or more of my favorites are invited into my home with one of their movies---and they are most welcome to enrich my life with their amazing talents.
All my favorites have earned their place in the spotlight with all the accolades collected each day---they deserve every one of them.
Acting is hard and dedicated work---they work long hours and are just as tired as anyone else at the end of the day.
Anne Hathaway Wins An Oscar
Ann Hathaway wins an Oscar for Best Supporting Actress in "Les Miserables." I do not understand all the negative press about her and I do hope it will stop.
I find her charming, energetic and very talented. I did not see “Les Miserables” it was too depressing for my taste---but then that is just me.
But I have seen Ann in many other films and I think she is great.
So I will cheer her on as she has worked very hard to get there she is today. Therefore, take time out to enjoy your Oscar---Ann and I will be looking for your next great movie.
In the Spot Light---Anne Hathaway
Anne Hathaway DOB: 11/12/1982 Brooklyn, New York. Anne’s first movie was a Walt Disney Movie. The title was---The Other Side of Heaven---and her co-star was Christopher Gorman. They both looked very young in this movie; about a Mormon Missionary who travels to the inaccessible Tongan Islands during the 1950’s---leaving Anne Hathaway behind. This is a good movie about love, dedication, adventure and making a difference in the world.
Anne’s latest Movie---Les Miserables--- will open on Christmas Day---December 2, 2012. She plays the part of Fantine the mother of Cosette who is born out of wedlock. And in this movie Anne does have her beautiful long hair cut off.
Movies with Ann Hathaway are as popular today as they were new. However, people who search for her name mainly do so as Hathaway Ann, which is fine as I believe her last name is easier to remember.
Favorite Rising Stars
1. Alanna Noel Ubach DOB: 10/03/1975 Downey California
2. Alica Silverstone DOB: 10/04/1976 San Francisco, California
3. Alyssa Milano DOB: 13/19/1972 Brooklyn, NY
4. Angelina Jolie Voight DOB: 06/04/1975 Los Angeles, California
5. Angie Harmon DOB: 08/10/1972 Dallas, Texas
6. Anna Farris DOB: 11/29/1976 Baltimore, Maryland
7. Anne Hathaway DOB: 11/12/1982 Brooklyn, NY
8. Bryce Dallas Howard DOB: 03/02/1981 Los Angeles, California
9. Cameron Diaz DOB: 08/30/1972 San Diego, California
10. Charlize Theron DOB: 08/07/1975 South Africa
Cote de Pablo
Cote de Pablo
Cote de Pablo DOB: November 12, 1979. She was born in Santiago, Chile as Maria Jose de Pablo Fernandez. If NCIS (Naval Criminal Investigative Service) is one of your favorite shows then you are already a fan of Cote de Pablo who pays Ziva David a field agent who was a Mossad officer and a proficient fighter.
She brings beauty, brains and skills to the team as she proves it every week.
Her chemistry with Tony is strong and they both try to hide their true feelings---which are forever floating to the surface week after week. Although born in Chili---Cote was reared in Miami, Florida.
She has appeared in several theater productions and appeared on several television series and has made one movie---The last Rites of Ransom Pride---in 2010 with actors such as Kris Kristofferson.
11. Christina Hendricks DOB: May 3, 1975 Knoxville, Tennessee
12. Cote de Pablo DOB: November 12, 1979 Santiago, Ca.
13. Diane Kruger DOB: July 15, 1976 Algermissen, Germany
14. Drew Barrymore DOB: February 22, 1975 Culver City, California
15. Eliza Duska DOB: December 30,1980 Boston, Massachusetts
16. Emilie de Ravin DOB: December 27, 1981 Mount Eliza, Australia
17. Emily Rose DOB: February 2, 1918 Renton, Washington
18. Enuke Okuma DOB: September 20 1976 Vancouver Canada
19. Erica Durance DOB: June 21,1978 Calgary Canada
20. Erika Christensen DOB: August 19, 1982 Seattle, Washington
More Favorites of Mine
21. Eva Longoria DOB: 03/15/1975 Corpus Cristi, Texas
22. Eva Mendez DOB: March 5 1974 Miami, Florida
23. Evangeline Lily DOB: August 3, 1979 Ft. Saskatchewan Canada
24. Grace Park DOB: March 14, 1974 Los Angeles, California
25. Gwyneth Paltrow DOB: September 27, 1972 Los Angeles, California
26. Hilary Swank DOB: July 30, 1974 Lincoln, Nebraska
27. January Jones DOB: January 5, 1978 Sioux Falls, South Dakota
28. Jennifer Garner DOB: April 17, 1972 Houston, Texas
29. Jennifer Love Hewett DOB: February 21, 1979 Waco, Texas
30. Jessica Alba DOB: April 28, 1981 Pomona, California
Jennifer’s star is shining brightly and she deserves all the blessings she has received. She is a wife to the handsome and classy Ben Affleck and they have three beautiful children (two girls and a boy) together and she is an actress.
She glows with happiness and who could blame her---and I wish her the very best that life has to offer. Jennifer became popular with the show “Alias.” Jennifer has won 7 Golden Globes and many other awards. She has 42 titles to her credit and more planned for the future.
She has taken time out to be a mom and has a lot of help from Ben in this area---as we see him out with the children shopping and going around town--- so Jennifer can rest a bit with their young son.
Such a sweet loving family---true love can soar through all life’s little issues---and sparkle with happiness. And, I hope the paparazzi will leave Jennifer Gardner's kids alone. Children under 18 should not be photographed without the parents' consent.
More of My Favorites
31. Jordan Brewster DOB: April 26, 1980 Panama City in Panama
32. Judy Greer DOB: July 20, 1975 Detroit, Michigan
33. Julia Stiles DOB: March 8, 1981 in New York City
34. Kate Hudson DOB: April 19, 1979 Los Angeles, California
35. Kate Winslet DOB: October 5, 1975 Reading, UK
36. Katherine Heigl DOB: November 24, 1978 in Washington, DC
37. Kerry Washington DOB: 01/31/1977 Bronx, NY
38. Kiele Sanchez DOB: 10/13/1977 Chicago, Illinois
39. Kristen Dunst DOB: April 30, 1982 Point Pleasant, New Jersey
40. Kristine Bell DOB: July 18, 1980 Huntington Woods, Michigan
41. Margrite Levieva DOB: 02/09/1980 Russia
42. Mena Suvari DOB: February 13, 1979 New Port, Rhode Island
43. Missy Peregrym DOB: June 16, 1982 Montreal, Canada
44. Natalie Portman DOB: Jun 9, 1981 Jerusalem, Israel
45. Natasha Henstridge DOB: August 15, 1974 Springdale, Newfoundland
46. Nikki Cox DOB: Jun 2, 1978 Los Angeles, California
47. Penelope Cruz DOB: April 28, 1974 Alcobendas, Spain
48. Piper Perabo DOB: October 31, 1976 Dallas, Texas
49. Portia de Rossi DOB: January 31, 1973 Horsham, Australia
50. Reese Witherspoon DOB: March 22, 1976 New Orleans, Louisiana
51. Rhona Mitra DOB: August 9, 1975 Paddington, London England
52. Sasha Alexander DOB: 05/17/1973 Los Angeles, California
53. Vera Farmiga DOB: August 6, 1973 Passaic County, New Jersey
Sweet Home Alabama
I love this movie---I watched it over the years so many times on my video that I wore it out and I had to buy a DVD.
It is such sweet tender movie of Melanie Smooter(Reese Witherspoon) country girl turns NY City girl as she advanced in her career of designing clothes. And has made a name for herself---forgetting her Alabama roots for a few years.
Then she find herself engaged to Andrew Hennings (Patrick Dempsey) which created an issue because Melanie is not divorced from her first huband Jake Perry (Josh Lucas).
This is when I started talking to the movie by saying " My mercy---how could you forget Jake?"---Josh Lucas is very good in this role---it is so real.
I love Reese Witherspoon movies and I have my little favorites like everyone else. And Sweet Home Alabama is one of them. And, to the ones who have not seen it---you are missing a great movie.
I am going to watch this movie tonight again---even though I know everyone's part by heart---it is still worth my time. I love this movie and I believe it is the best one for both Reese and Josh.
Favorite Actress Question
Do you purchase DVD's of just your favorite actresses?
60 Beautiful Actresses---60 Years Old and Older
- 60 Beautiful Actresses---60 Years Old---and Older
60 Beautiful Actresses---60 Years Old---and Older is a tribute to all the great actresses who are still working or simi-retired. Some of the most beautiful women in the world are 60 and over.
© 2012 Barbara Purvis Hunter