- Entertainment and Media»
Actors and Actresses who died and never saw their last movie
Its so sad when people die and being not able to see what they have achieved. Wherever they are, If they will just only know how much they inspire and give joy to people they will be surely happy.
Here are lists of great actors and actresses who never got a chance to watch their last movie.
- was an American film actress and sex symbol of the 1930s. Known as the "Platinum Blonde" and the "Blonde Bombshell" due to her platinum blonde hair.
- She died on May 29, 1937 while filming Saratoga. She collapsed on set and what happened there is still a mystery.
- On September 30, 1955, James Dean was driving his new Porsche 550 Spyder to an auto rally in Salinas, California when the fatal accident occurred. Originally planning to tow the Porsche to the rally, Dean changed his mind at the last minute and decided to drive the Porsche instead. While Dean and Rolf Wuetherich (Dean's mechanic) rode in the Porsche, Dean had photographer Sanford Roth and friend Bill Hickman follow him in his Ford station wagon, which had a trailer for the Spyder attached. En route to Salinas, Dean was pulled over by police officers near Bakersfield for speeding around 3:30 p.m. After being stopped, Dean and Wuetherich continued on their way. Two hours later, around 5:30 p.m., they were driving westbound on Highway 466 (now called State Route 46), when a 1950 Ford Tutor pulled out in front of them. Twenty-three-year-old Donald Turnupseed, who was driving the Ford Tutor, has been traveling east on Highway 466 and was attempting to make a left turn onto Highway 41. Unfortunately, Turnupseed had already started to make his turn before he saw the roaring Porsche traveling quickly toward him. Without time to turn, the two cars smashed nearly head-on.
Rebel Without a Cause and Giant were released after Dean's death
- Marilyn Monroe was found dead in the bedroom of her Brentwood, Los Angeles, California, home by her live-in housekeeper Eunice Murray on August 5, 1962. She was 36 years old at the time of her death.
- Many questions remain unanswered regarding Monroe's death after her body was found.
Monroe died before the premiere of Something's got to give.
- Wood apparently tried to either leave the yacht or secure a dinghy from banging against the hull when she accidentally slipped and fell overboard and died in accidental drowning.
- Died Nov29, 1981
She died two years before the premier of her movie Brainstorm.
- On 10 May 1973, Lee collapsed in Golden Harvest studios while doing dubbing work for the movie Enter the Dragon. Suffering from seizures and headaches, he was immediately rushed to Hong Kong Baptist Hospital where doctors diagnosed cerebral edema. They were able to reduce the swelling through the administration of mannitol. These same symptoms that occurred in his first collapse were later repeated on the day of his death.
Lee died one month before the premier of Enter the Dragon
- His cause of death was heroin overdose. He was 23 years old when he died.
- Died on Oct, 31, 1993
- Died in the middle of the filming of Dark Blood that was never finished.
He died four months before the premier of his movie Silent Tongue.
- On March 31, 1993, while making The Crow, the crew filmed a scene in which Lee's character walked into his apartment and discovered his girlfriend being beaten and raped by thugs. Actor Michael Massee, who played one of the film's villains, was supposed to fire a gun at Lee as he walked onto the scene. Because the movie's second unit team was running behind schedule, they decided to make dummy cartridges (cartridges that outwardly appear to be functional but contain no gunpowder or primer) from real cartridges by pulling out the bullet, dumping out the gunpowder and reinserting the bullet. However, the team neglected to consider that the primer was still live and, if fired, could still produce enough force to push the bullet off the end of the cartridge. At some point prior to the fatal scene, the live primer on one of the constructed dummy rounds was discharged by persons unknown while in the pistol's chamber. It caused a squib load, in which the primer provided just enough force to push the bullet out of the cartridge and into the barrel of the revolver. The malfunction went unnoticed by the crew, and the same gun was used again later to shoot the death scene, having been re-loaded with low-power black powder blanks. However, the squib load was still lodged in the barrel, and was propelled by the blank cartridge's explosion out of the barrel and into Lee's body. Although the bullet was traveling much slower than a normally fired bullet would be, the bullet's large size and the point-blank firing distance made it powerful enough to fatally wound Lee. When the blank was fired, the bullet shot out and hit Lee in the abdomen and lodged in his spine. He fell down instantly
Happened 8 days before they finished filming the movie.
- On September 7, 1996, Shakur attended the Mike Tyson-Bruce Seldon boxing match at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. After the boxing match, Shakur spotted 21 year-old Orlando "Baby Lane" Anderson, a member of the Southside Crips in the MGM Grand lobby. Shakur rushed him and knocked Anderson down, and Shakur's entourage beat him. The incident was captured on the hotel's video surveillance. Anderson and a group of Crips had beaten up a member of Death Row's entourage in a Foot Locker a few weeks earlier, precipitating Shakur's attack. After the fight with Anderson, Shakur met up with Suge Knight to go to Death Row-owned Club 662. Shakur rode with Knight in Knight's 1996 black BMW 750i sedan as part of a larger convoy of cars including some of Shakur's friends, The Outlawz, and bodyguards. At 11:14 P.M., while stopped at the intersection of East Flamingo Road and Koval Lane, Shakur was shot in a drive-by shooting. Shakur was hit four times, twice in the chest, and once each in his arm and thigh, while Knight was scratched in the head by a piece of flying glass. At the time of the shooting, Shakur was riding alongside with Suge Knight, with his bodyguard following behind in a vehicle belonging to Kidada Jones, Shakur's then-girlfriend. The bodyguard, Frank Alexander, stated that while he was about to ride along with the rapper in Suge Knight's car, Shakur asked him to drive Kidada Jones' car in case they were too drunk and needed additional vehicles from Club 662 back to the hotel. Shortly after the shootings, the bodyguard reported in his documentary, Before I Wake, that one of the convoy's cars drove off after the assailant but he never heard back from the occupants. After arriving on the scene, police and paramedics took Shakur and Knight to the University Medical Center. Shakur was placed on life support until his death six days later, on September 13, 1996, at 4:03 PM EDT. He was 25 years old. The official cause of death was respiratory failure and cardiac arrest. After his death, Shakur's body was cremated. Family and friends reportedly spread his ashes over the Pacific Ocean near Los Angeles, California
Died before premiering two movies Gridlock’d and Gang Related.
- On December 18, Farley was found dead by his younger brother John in his apartment on the sixtieth floor of the John Hancock Center in Chicago. An autopsy later revealed that Farley had died of a heart attack and had also overdosed on a combination of cocaine and morphine early that morning, with advanced atherosclerosis cited as a "significant contributing factor" in his death.
He died before premiering 3 of his movies, Beverly Hills Ninja, Almost Heroes and Dirty Work.
- On August 25, 2001, the twin-engine Cessna 402B, carrying Aaliyah and her retinue from the Bahamas to Florida after her ''Rock the Boat'' video shoot, crashed shortly after takeoff. Bahamas Department of Civil Aviation issued a statement saying that an autopsy and toxicology reports had found cocaine and alcohol in the bloodstream of pilot
She died before the premier of her movie Queen of the Damned.
- Ledger was found naked and unresponsive, facedown on the floor at the foot of his bed by a housekeeper trying to wake him for an appointment with a masseuse, said police spokesman. Pills were found in the vicinity of the bed.
- Some signs pointed to an accidental overdose or a suicide, although no note was found.
- Died at the age of 28 years old.
Ledger died seven months before the premier of the movie The dark Knight.
Its so sad to hear about what happened to these great actors and actresses. Some of them have common causes of death, overdose of drugs. If they are just alive, they will be able to see what have they achieved in the film industry.