Age Can Be Colorful!
When I was young and even middle-age I really didn't concern myself with even the thought of "Old Age," That was something a long way off. Life was now---in the moment. Now I turn my head and there lies that road that I have traveled. The road has many twists and turns and some curves are bathed in bright sun light, others hang with a gray fog. "You can't help getting older, but you don't have to get old." Some of the following resource's are right in front of our faces.
There is a "Fountain of Youth," it is our mind. Simply use it! There are so many things yet to learn. Maybe you can't physically do some of those new things but you can keep your brain active with the learning. Don't let your brain get rusty, keep it oiled by using it.
Laughter is a great way to stay healthy. Smiles, jokes and laughter are the best medicine and no doctor can write a prescription for it. I have found that there are many advantages to growing old that you might find useful when you arrive at that station.
Thoughts and Tricks:
1. Short term memory or absent-minded does not mean the mind is absent, it is just preoccupied with more important matters.
2. Two minutes after you have just been introduced to some one and you can't remember their name, just call them "Dear."
3. Now, who ever came up with the one about tying a string around your finger, (must have been a contortionist) try it! It is impossible and by the time you took to try---you would have forgotten what it was for.
4. They only smile and quickly look away---yet they could have at least whispered---your zipper is down!
5. I prefer to think that wrinkles are just dimples that became a bit larger. Although it does help when you look in that mirror, if first you take off your glasses.
6. That fool that thinks and says that old age is just a state of mind, has obviously lost his.
7. If you think you're over the hill, be careful on the down slope for it picks up speed.
8. The older I get, the more important it is for me not to act my age and others seem to expect this fact.
9. We never realize that we are making memories until we are old.
10. Remembering is like a dream that comes in and out with the tide.
11. The difference between the good ole days and today is when things got rough, we just did without.
12. I think everyone is ignorant to a certain degree, only on different subjects.
13. When you don't take an opportunity that was set in front of you, then you created a regret.
Now I do admit that old age does have some weird habits that I don't understand completely. For instance, only after a bad winter storm has hit with snow and ice do we have to hobble out there and go to the store to buy a pint of milk? Although we watched TV all day and were warned of its severity. Maybe that little dab of milk that we put in our hot tea---was it worth the risk?
THIS COULD BE DANGEROUS:
I learned this one from my mother, she was 89 at the time. When one wants to cross the street you do not have to go to the end of the block and use the cross-walk, especially if your destination is right mid-way in the middle of the block. You just simply step off the curb and then you limp or drag one foot pitifully as you attempt to Jay-walk in front of on coming traffic. AMAZINGLY---all traffic stopped and waited patiently for this old lady to make it to the other side. I admit, I was impressed and wondered how long she had been using this tactic to cross to the other side of the street.
The Color of Age: by Ginn Navarre
My hair is snowy white, My perky pink hat sits among its snarls.
My attire is purple, red, orange and green.
As I sit here and watch the folks that pass before me with all their matching black and brown attire.
They glance my way and shake their head and laugh.
For they do not know, I have been to where they are going and seen what they may never see.
I shake my head and laugh.
As I sit here, I think, maybe tomorrow I'll wear matching socks---or just maybe not!
I shake my head and laugh.
AFTER GOD CREATED THE WORLD HE MADE MAN AND WOMAN. THEN, TO KEEP THE WHOLE THING FROM COLLAPSING, HE INVENTED HUMOR.