- Entertainment and Media»
- Television & TV Shows»
- TV Shows
Agents of SHIELD Season 3 Episode 2 Review
Fitz and the team enlist the aid of an Asgardian to unlock the secrets of the ancient monolith that swallowed Simmons, and Agent May is at a crossroads in her personal and professional life.
- The Daisy and Mack comraderie really makes me happy. With how xenophobic Mack was in the previous season, going so far as to quit Shield to get away from all things alien, his demenor here shows some tremendous character growth. Even if it's not apparent on the surface, Mack has come to terms with his trauma and risen above his PTSD.
- Fitz is really in control of himself and his mind, despite his obsessive need to find the woman he loves. It's great to see that progress in light of how heartbreaking his condition was in the last season.
- Ward shows off his villain skills by continuing to rebuild Hydra from the splinters. He's really coming into his own as a character. He even introduces us to a familiar comicbook name!
- As spoiler free as I can be, this episode is a delight for Fitz/Simmons shippers. That is all >.>
- I'm really confused by the Hunter/Bobbi relationship. In the first episode I was getting the vibe that things were a little rocky, but in this episode they kiss and seem to be ok. Hopefully we'll get some more insight into what's really going on here.
- May is also confusing me (despite seeing the actor playing her father making me squee). I'm not really sure what's going on with her character. That might be a failing on my part, but I don't buy her motives. (Though it seems her father doesn't either, so maybe that's the point.)
- It keeps getting mentioned how Daisy (God it's hard not to call her Skye) is coming into her own and is such great leadership material. I'm not seeing it. She's not given much responsibility in the field thus far. All of her choices regarding her "team" are scrutinized and rejected. It seems to me that they don't really believe she's leadership material at all, but at some point she's just going to have her own team. Really hoping we see more here than just her harnessing her powers. I want to see Daisy actually lead something!
- May's having a crisis of self
- Hunter/Bobbi not-so on the rocks
- Mack and Daisy are getting along famously
- Ward is shaping up nicely for his "return"
- Hope for Fitz/Simmons!
I really enjoyed this episode compared to the premiere. Not to say the premiere was particularly bad, this episode gave me some bang for my buck and development on pretty much all fronts. I have high hopes for this season!