Aishwarya Rai, The Most Beautiful Miss World
The captivating green-blue eyes of Aishwarya Rai
The most striking feature in Aishwarya Rai is the eyes. The pair of large sparkling green-blue eyes. It is said that green eyes are considered very beautiful, very mysterious, and of course, most alluring. With the inborn gift of beauty, Aishwarya Rai has been in the limelight of glamor and commercialism since her childhood. Her first commercial break was in her ninth grade when she appeared for Camlin pencils advertisements.
Aishwarya Rai, super-model and actress
Aishwarya Rai is the famous Indian film actress and super-model. She was born on 1 November, 1973. That would make her 40 years old this year, 2013. I always have difficulty in pronouncing her name; it’s a bit of a tongue-twister. Aishwarya Rai is now better known as Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, having married the son of the famous veteran Indian actor icon, Amitabh Bachchan. Her husband, Abhishek Bachchan is an equally famous and popular Indian actor.
Aishwarya Rai needs no introduction in India and most parts of Asia. She is perhaps, the most popular and most famous Indian film actress, first started off in the glamor world, being the 1994 Miss World.
In 1994, Aishwarya Rai was chosen as first runner-up of the Miss India pageant, and subsequently went to win the title Miss World later in that year in Sun City, South Africa. In the Miss World competition, Aishwarya Rai also won the "Miss Photogenic" award. And in 2000, she was named the "Most Beautiful Miss World" of all time.
By the way, Miss India 1994, Sushmita Sen won the Miss Universe in Manila, Philippines, the same year, making it a clean sweep for India in the world of beauty competitions.
Aishwarya Rai and her commercial endorsements
Over the years, Aishwarya Rai has appeared in countless commercials and endorsements. From her first Camlin pencils commercials, Aishwarya Rai has appeared in the commercials and endorsed the following products, namely, Pepsi, Coca-Cola, Titan Watches, L’Oreal, Lakme Cosmetics, Casio Pager, Philips, Palmolive, Lux, Fujifilms, Nakshatra Diamonds, Kalyan Jewellers, and De Beers Diamonds. It is reported that her current pet brand is Longines Watches which she has represented since 1999. Ironically, she has been known to be not very fond of jewellery.
Interesting facts about Aishwarya Rai
Aishwarya Rai’s favorite school subject was zoology. She was trained in Indian classical dance and music during her teenage years. She was initially interested in becoming a doctor. Then she changed to architecture, but finally settled for modelling.
Aishwarya Rai’s father was a marine biologist. Her elder brother, Aditya Rai who is an engineer with the Navy, co-produced one of Aishwarya’s movies titled “Dil Ka Rishta” in 2003. Aishwarya’s first movie was a Tamil film titled “Iruvar” in 1997. In 2009, she appeared in the spy comedy “The Pink Panther 2” with Steve Martin, Jean Reno and Emily Mortimer.
There are too many of Aishwarya Rai’s achievements to be presented here. Below are a number of Aishwarya Rai’s more interesting facts and achievements:
· Appeared in the Oprah Winfrey Show on 28 September, 2009.
· First female Indian actress to be honored a place in Madame Tussauds in London.
· Goodwill ambassador of UNAIDS.
· Rejected the role of Briseis in the film “Troy” because of explicit intimate scenes.
· Speaks mother tongue Tulu, Hindi, Kannada, Urdu, Tamil and English.
· A tulip named after her at the Keukenhof Gardens in the Netherlands.
· Appeared in the most times in international magazines than any Indian.
· First Indian celebrity to feature in Rolling Stones magazine.
· First Indian actress to be made jury member in the Cannes Film Festival.
· Has more than 17,000 websites dedicated to her.
· Chosen as one of the world’s most influential people by Time magazine in 2004.
· Mattel produced a UK limited edition of Aishwarya Rai Barbie dolls in 2005.
· Ranked 2nd most popular watch brand ambassador worldwide in a survey, conducted by World Watch Report.
· Second highest award by France, Order Of France, Ordre des Arts et des Lettres, in 2012.
· Awarded the “Padma Shri” by the Indian Government in 2009, the fourth-highest Indian civilian award, for her contributions to Indian cinema.
· Gave birth to a baby girl, named Aaradhya Bachchan on 16 November, 2011.
Link to my other interesting and beneficial articles
If you find this article interesting or beneficial, you may go to my "Profile" page to read my other articles by simply CLICKHERE:
By the way, the copyright to this article is owned by Good Guy. Please do not “copy and paste”! Thank you.