- Entertainment and Media»
- Movies & Movie Reviews
Alan Rickman Gone But Not Forgotten.
Another Talent Gone.
Hot on the heels of the deaths of Lemmy from Motorhead and David Bowie now comes the sad announcement that renowned British actor Alan Rickman has passed from our midst.
The family of Alan Rickman stated to the media that the actor had passed away at 69 the same age as David Bowie and a year younger than Lemmy. It seems 2016 is getting in its great losses in talent early and in all three individuals we may never see their like again.
Rickman shot to fame playing Hans Gruber in the Bruce Willis 'Die Hard' films. He received many awards during his long and great career including a Golden Globe, an Emmy, and a Screen Actors Guild.
Other roles that will be memorable were Rickman's Sheriff of Nottingham alongside Kevin Costner who played the tile role Robin Hood. Also a role that endeared him to many a Harry Potter fan was his role as Severus Snape the dark brooding tutor at 'Hogwarts School For Magic'. Not forgetting Jamie in 'Truly, Madly, Deeply' and his part as the Russian Christian mystic Rasputin.
His voice which will be his last performance will be as Absolem the Caterpillar in Tim Burton's 'Alice Through The Looking Glass' which is released later this May.
James Phelps who played Ron Weasley in 'Harry Potter' and Stephen Fry announced their sadness on hearing of the death of the actor.
Alan Rickman's death like Bowie and Lemmy was from cancer it has just been stated. Rickman married his childhood sweetheart Rima Horton last year and they had been together ever since he was 19 and she 18.
The acting profession has lost a great actor and a unique British actor at that as only British actors can be.
Rima Horton and Alan Rickman.
Facts about Rima Horton:
1) Rima Horton worked for the Labour Party and was a Labour Councillor between the years 1986 to 2006.
2) Despite being together since they met in 1965 Alan Rickman has said on many occasions he would have loved to have been a father but Horton preferred not to have a family and so Rickman respected his partners decision.
3) As was stated above Rima met Alan when they were in their late teens and they were school and childhood sweethearts.
4) They moved in together in 1997 and they were always at each others side and always there for each other.
5) It was only last year that they announced their marriage to the German magazine 'Das Bild'.