All About the Pop Music Song Bokutachi Wa Tatakawanai Also Known As We Will Not Fight
About Bokutachi wa Tatakawanai Or We Will Not Fight
The famous pop music group AKB48 continues to succeed as they were approaching their 10th year of existence at the first writing of this. Their latest single at that time called Bokutachi wa Tatakawanai sold 1,673,000 copies in the first week of release and this easily reached the top of the Oricon singles charts! This song is called "We Will Not Fight." The title of the song is interesting because as you are about to see, the music video for this song has some battle style scenes as these Japanese pop idols fight against masked warriors.
A Look At the Cover for Bokutachi Wa Tatakawanai by AKB48
How Has the Song Been So Successful?
They have done it once again after their 39th single Green Flash saw a similar kind of success. The group has had 21 consecutive singles that have sold over a million copies and they have now had 20 straight singles that have sold a million copies or more during the first week since the one titled Everyday Katyusha.
Other Reasons Why Bokutachi wa Tatakawanai Is a Successful Selling Song
AKB48 is the only group that has ever done this! With their 40th single, AKB48 has reached the second highest total first week sales behind the 1,763,000 copies that Sayonara Crawl sold. However, with 1,472,000 copies sold in the first day, this exceeds the 1,462,000 copies that their 36th single Labrador Retriever sold. Bokutachi wa Tatakawanai becomes the 27th consecutive single in AKB48 history to top the #1 ranking. This adds to their record of most consecutive chart topping singles for female artists as well as the most total number of chart topping singles for female groups. AKB48 seems to have done just about everything correct. They have released great songs, recruited cute and talented girls (I had to put the word cute in there), and have a huge fan base that is sure to continue growing.
What Happens in the Music Video?
The video for this song starts out with the girls dressed in attire that has angel wings on it. The beginning of the video looks like a scene from a fashion show until…there starts to be lasers being fired from all over the place. Then much of the video has action scenes where the girls are fighting against warriors that have the swords that are similar to the light sabers used in the Star Wars movies. The video is so futuristic in a sense and it feels like it is so real.
About Bokutachi Wa Tatakawanai Continued
The video for the song is so long that it may as well be a mini movie.
The first Japanese idol to walk on that runway is NMB48’s Sayaka Yamamoto. Then Yuki Kshowagi, Yui Yokoyama, and Rino Sashihara walk down that runway as the audience cheers. Pandemonium ensues after the lasers are fired and the crowd frantically screams.
Mayu Watanabe Also Known as Mayuyu
Interesting Facts About the Single Called We Will Not Fight
- This is the first Senbatsu single appearance for Team 8 and Team 4’s Nagisa Sakaguchi.
- This would end up being the last AKB48 single for member Rina Kawaei.
- This was also the last single appearance for Rena Matsui and Rina Ikoma. Rena Matsui is seen in the single Kokoro No Placard as she is dancing in a pastry shop.
- The music video for this song is 12 minutes long!
- This is one of those songs that member Anna Iriyama declined to be in the single as a Senbatsu member.
- This one would be the first AKB48 single that ranked #1 on the Oricon music charts and was there for two straight weeks. This kind of feat had been previously done by SKE48 with their 12th single called Utsukushii Inazuma in July 2013.
- The covers from each edition have scenes from the song’s promotional video.
"Bokutachi Wa Tatakawanai"
© 2019 Ara Vahanian