All About the Pop Music Song Called "No Way Man" by Japanese Pop Music Group Akb48
A Photo of the Regular Edition Type A Cover of the Song No Way Man
What is the Song No Way Man About?
“No Way Man” is the 54th major single by Japanese pop idol group AKB48 and this is a song that should motivate us to become more positive people. Lyrically, the song is about sticking to your principles and not caving into the widely held belief that things are impossible to achieve. When we hear these kinds of things so many times, this belief gets into our subconscious mind and it adversely impacts our life. Are all dreams really that impossible and too high to reach? Even if we make mistakes like the song says, go forward and collect the good and bad. It is said that life will continue being the same way that we have been programmed pretty much since our earliest days and if we don’t do anything we will be swept away by the current of life. There are miracles out there in life if you will look for them. The possibilities to improve are endless but many of us make excuses for not going after our goals.
A Photo of Sakura Miyawaki the Lead Singer for the Song No Way Man
How Successful Did the Song No Way Man Become?
No Way Man was released on November 28, 2018 and the song was an instant success! It sold over 1.2 million copies in its first week of release. However, Billboard Japan reported that the single had sold 1,313,247 copies in joint sales becoming the 4th AKB48 single to sell over a million copies on its first day of release. The other three singles that have done this well are Jabaja, Teacher, Teacher, and Sentimental Train. On the Oricon Music Charts, No Way Man ended up being the 5th best-selling single.
Interesting Facts About the Song No Way Man
- This song marks the first Senbatsu (high rankings) for the girls Miu Shitao, Hitomi Honda and Maya Sugawara.
- This is also the first time without Jurina Matsui making a Senbatsu appearance since the single Eien Pressure in 2012.
- For Miyu Takeuchi, this is the first Senbatsu ranking for her since Eien Pressure in 2012.
- This is also the first time that AKB48’s management chose to have this song as an AKB48 Senbatsu since the song “Baby! Baby! Baby!” in 2008. This was done in the absence of Jurina Matsui.
- No Way Man also marks the last single for Sakura Miyawaki, Hitomi Honda, and Nako Yabuki before they departed to focus on their IZONE work. They will return to their groups in April 2021.
- All of the members that took part in the Produce 48 reality show with the exception of those that withdrew from the show are in the single as members.
- Rino Sashihara does not appear in the music video because of health issues.
- Juri Takahashi did not take part in the dance scenes and instead took part in the other scenes.
"No Way Man"
Rate the Song "No Way Man" by AKB48
© 2019 Ara Vahanian