All About the Pop Music Song "Kitagawa Kenji" by Japanese Girl Group Nmb48
Type B Regular Edition Cover for Kitgawa Kenji
"Kitagawa Kenji" & the Theater Edition Track Listing
“Kitagawa Kenji” is the 6th single released by the girl group NMB48. I bought the Theater Edition of the single because of the song called Renai Higaitodoke. The song title in English is Love’s Damage Report. Here is the track listing for the Theater Edition:
- "Kitagawa Kenji"
- Hoshizora no Caravan (Stardust Caravan)
- Renai Higaitodoke
- Nemuku Naru made Hitsuji wa Detekonai (The Sheep Don’t Turn Up Til I Get Sleepy)
- Kitagawa Kenji (no vocal version)
- Stardust Caravan (no vocal version)
- Renai Higaitodoke (no vocal version)
- Nemuku Naru made Hitsuji wa Detekonai
How Well Did Kitagawa Kenji Do In Terms of Sales?
Kitagawa Kenji was released on November 7, 2012. It received impressive commercial success, selling 350,108 copies in its first month. The single would sell 353,160 copies. It would become the 17th best-ranking single of the year. Kitagawa Kenji would sell 56,249 copies in 2013. As of this writing, it has sold over 400,000 copies. The centers for Kitagawa Kenji are Sayaka Yamamoto and Miyuki Watanabe. Here are a few interesting facts about the single Kitagawa Kenji:
The Theater Edition Cover for Kitagawa Kenji
Interesting Facts About the Single Kitagawa Kenji
- This was the first NMB48 single to be released after the formation of Team B2.
- This was the only single to feature the appearance of Yui Yokoyama.
- This was the last single that member Aina Fukumoto took part in.
- Kitagawa Kenji is a staff member who is in charge of the AKB48 groups’ video visuals. He is also one of the producers of the AKB48 drama Majisuka Gakuen 3.
What Is the Song "Kitagawa Kenji" About?
As usual, when analyzing single songs it is critical for people to know of any added significance for these songs besides the fact that they are just songs that are sung by a certain group. The song is about once again…yes it is about love and it revolves around a girl being very jealous of the guy that one of her friends happens to be dating. She is so deeply jealous that she is not able to tolerate this reality. If he (the man Kitagawa Kenji) comes within her view, she will fight for the sake of love. She tells her friend that he is not the one that will make her happy. However, love should not be treated as a competition. Here in 2019, Kitagawa Kenji is a better song than I have realized!
What Happens in the Music Video for Kitagawa Kenji?
In terms of the choreography for the video itself, Kitagawa Kenji takes place in a high school where Yamamoto and Watanabe are seen acting and role playing as students who are working on mathematical equations on the chalkboard. Meanwhile, the other students are sitting at their desks as a plane is heard flying by. The teacher is impressed and or shocked at the discovery that he makes about one of the answers written by one of the students. The scene shifts back and forth between the high school and the area where the girls are dressed in their usual idol uniforms and they are dancing.
© 2019 Ara Vahanian