All About the Song "Halloween Night" by Popular Pop Music Group Akb48
"Halloween Night" Was an Instant Success for AKB48 & Here Is Why
Halloween Night is the 41st major single released by famous girl group AKB48 on August 26, 2015. I know that we are well past the month of October but nonetheless, AKB48 deserves more coverage. The single just like several others from this group was an instant success in terms of sales. Halloween Night was at #1 on the Weekly Oricon Singles Chart and it was also the best-selling single in the entire country of Japan in August!
The Limited Edition Cover Type A
The Song Was Also Done by Other Girl Groups Such as JKT48 & SNH48
August just also happens to be the month where summer really heats up in some parts of the world so going to a party to escape the heat would be a great idea for some people. Indonesia based idol group JKT48 released their version of the song on the same day as AKB48 did while a version of the song was released by Shanghai China based girl group SNH48 on October 12, 2015.
Type B Limited Edition Cover for Halloween Night
The Lineup & Editions for Halloween Night
The lineup for the members as well as the B-side tracks for the single was determined by the winner of the 41st Single Senbatsu Election which was Rino Sashihara. As usual with these singles, they have multiple versions and Halloween Night is no exception. The single was released in Editions A-D both limited and regular as well as a Theater Edition.
What Does the Way the Song Is Choreographed Tell Us About AKB48?
The song is choreographed in such a way that it is set in a disco and the members of AKB48 are dressed in costumes with makeup on. In just the span of 5 years, AKB48 has been transformed into a group that has gone well past its more sexualized image as was seen in the music video for Heavy Rotation back in 2010.
Limited Edition Type C Cover
"Halloween Night" Music Video
Interesting Facts About the Song Halloween Night
- This song marked the first Senbatsu appearance and participation for the very beautiful Kaori Matsumura!
- The song sold 1, 187,633 copies on its first day of release and this ended up being the highest first day selling single for AKB48 which was a non-election voting single until the release of their song called Sentimental Train.
- One of the songs on this single called "Yankee Machine Gun" was used as the theme song for the drama called Majisuka Gakuen 5.
- Rino Sashihara made an appearance on the cover for the Theater Edition of the song, her first such appearance.
- This would be Jurina Matsui’s last appearance on an AKB48 single before she decided to work only with SKE48.
© 2019 Ara Vahanian