Alvin and the Chipmunks – Chipwrecked Movie Review
Alvin and the Chipmunks - Chipwrecked Movie Review
ALVIN AND THE CHIPMUNKS - CHIPWRECKED
ALVIN AND THE CHIPMUNKS -
Alvin and the Chipmunks – Chipwrecked movie review
I have to say, I was really entertained watching this movie, Alvin and the Chipmunks - Chipwrecked with my kids. I found Alvin and The Chipmunks -Chipwrecked the movie almost as funny as the kids did, laugh out loud funny at times. Mischievous Alvin the chipmunk and his chipmunk siblings, Simon and Theodore return for yet another installment of their movie franchise. They are accompanied by the Chipettes, their female counterparts.
- In ALVIN AND THE CHIPMUNKS-CHIPWRECKED the movie, The Chipmunks’ human guardian Dave, the Chipmunks and the Chipettes all embark on a family vacation aboard a cruise ship.
- Alvin creates mischief from the get go and gets on the ship captain’s naughty list.
- The workers on the ship have their eyes on Dave, the Chipmunks and the Chipettes.
- In Alvin and The Chipmunks-Chipwrecked the movie, after boarding the cruise, Dave attends a special dinner where, by invitation, he gets to be seated at the ship captain’s table, wearing a tuxedo and a clashing, edible necklace that the endearing chipmunk Theodore made especially for him.
- Just when Dave thought that he was looking dapper, he must wear the clashing necklace from Theodore if he does not want to disappoint him.
Cruising in Alvin and The Chipmunks - Chipwrecked the movie
In Alvin and The Chipmunks - Chipwrecked the movie, the Chipmunks' human guardian Dave, the Chipmunks and the Chipettes all embark on a family vacation aboard a cruise ship.
In Alvin and The Chipmunks - Chipwrecked The Movie, Alvin creates mischief from the get go.
Dave At The Captain's Table in Alvin and The Chipmunks - Chipwrecked the movie
Seated at the special dinner at the Captain's table, Dave is chastised by the cruise ship’s captain and reminded that Alvin’s mischievous and potentially dangerous behavior will not be tolerated on the ship.
- During this scene in ALVIN AND THE CHIPMUNKS - CHIPWRECKED the movie, Dave also has a humiliating moment where hot gravy is poured into his lap.
- This at first appears to be done accidentally but then we learn that the person responsible for the incident is the cruise ship’s bird mascot.
- Under the bird costume is the man named Ian, who has been a notorious adversary to Dave, the Chipmunks and the Chipettes in other, previous installments of the Alvin and the Chipmunks movie series.
- The movie audience that has seen at least one of the previous movies will remember the movie character Ian as a villainous one. He was greedy and mismanaged the Chipmunks in the first movie, Alvin and the Chipmunks as well as the Chipettes in the movie sequel, Alvin and the Chipmunks – The Squeakquel. Both the Chipmunks and the Chipettes had to cleverly escape from Ian.
- Now, in Alvin and the Chipmunks – Chipwrecked, Dave has this unpleasant encounter with Ian.
When Dave realizes that the person in the cruise ship bird mascot costume is Ian, Ian laments that Dave took a part in ruining his life and now he wants to ruin Dave’s. Dave is like, “Really, you want to ruin my life?!” Ian lightens up a bit and basically says that he has his eye on him while he is vacationing on the cruise ship. Ian considers the cruise ship to be his territory since he works on it as the ship mascot.
Really, you want to ruin my life?!— Dave to Ian
In Alvin and The Chipmunks - Chipwrecked the movie, Ian considers the cruise ship to be his territory since he works on it as a mascot.
Shuffleboard and adventure in Alvin and The Chipmunks - Chipwrecked the movie
In Alvin and The Chipmunks - Chipwrecked the movie, Dave is bewildered but ready to dismiss Ian’s antics for the most part and get some much needed rest.
Dave explains to both the Chipmunks and the Chipettes that they need to stay out of trouble and they are lucky that they are even being allowed any activities. The activity that they have to stick to is shuffleboard. Simon makes a joke that he will be sure to be bored by the shuffleboard. Get it? BORED. Ha! It is a play on the old cliché’ that shuffleboard can potentially be boring. Nevertheless, the Chipmunks and the Chipettes get going at the shuffleboard game pretty well and it holds their attention for a short while, while Dave lounges in a chair.
The Chipmunks remark that Dave is exhausted and should be falling asleep any moment now. As predicted, Dave is sound asleep in no time, another comical moment in the film.
While Dave sleeps, the mischief begins yet again. A human kid is convinced to give the Chipmunks and the Chipettes his kite. The Chipmunks and Chipettes take the kite to have some fun flying it off the cruise ship’s deck. Simon, the “responsible one” among the Chipmunks senses the potential danger of this and is very frustrated that he has to save Alvin from creating big trouble. Simon feels like he ends up in this situation of having to save Alvin way too many times.
Dave is exhausted!
Dave and Ian
The chaos that develops is pretty absurd as the wind carries the whole group of Chipmunks and Chipettes away with the kite that they are not large enough or weighty enough to hold down. Even Simon’s clever plan to anchor the string of the kite around the lounge chair that Dave is sleeping in goes awry as the entire chair is dragged with Dave in it. The commotion wakes Dave up and he sees the Chipmunks and the Chipettes flying away from the cruise ship, all hanging on to the kite!
Dave can’t believe what he is seeing and moves into quick action.
(There are many references throughout the movies series that Dave has a strong almost parental attachment to the Chipmunks. At one point in this movie, Alvin and the Chipmunks - Chipwrecked, he even call the Chipmunks his sons and Ian says, “They are not your sons. They are just chipmunks!”)
…Dave grabs a hang glider to somehow, some way try to catch up with the Chipmunks and Chipettes and save them. He is stopped by Ian who tells him, “Oh no,… you will have to rent one like everybody else.” Dave tries to plead that he is having an emergency and there is no time to argue. Ian just does not get it. Dave tells Ian to let go of the contraption that he has his hands and he does let go, so oh well, he goes along for the ride. As the wind takes them, Dave and Ian end up falling into the sea! Ian, still in his bird mascot costume complete with webbed feet ends up being able to float fabulously on his back in the costume while Dave hangs on to him.
There’s some good comedy here in Alvin and the Chipmunks - Chipwrecked. The absurdity will just make you giggle.
They are not your sons. They are just chipmunks!— Ian to Dave
That costume, though
When Dave suggests that Ian remove the plastic webbed feet of the costume, Ian explains that it is all attached. He says this with pride. He says that no high quality mascot costume would have multiple pieces. It is better for it to be all one attached piece. When Dave suggests that Ian remove the costume altogether, he becomes bashful, blushing a bit as he says that he can not do so because he is not wearing anything underneath.
A lifesaving donut
- Meanwhile, the Chipmunks and the Chipettes had also landed in the sea close to the shore of a deserted island.
- A donut that Theodore had served as a flotation for him.
- Chubby Theodore who loves to eat was so tempted to eat the donut and he was urged by the others to not do so.
- When he asks if he could at least lick the glaze, brainy Simon says “no”, telling Theodore that the high sugar and caloric content of the donut is what is helping the donut to float and keep Theodore alive.
Um, hi lady, nice to meet you?
The Chipmunks and Chipettes survive the short time in the waters that are shallow near the shore of the island and they get to the island exhausted and dripping wet of course. All of their fur is matted with the wetness.
It is not too long before they learn that the island is not actually totally and completely deserted.
- There is one woman there, who is quite batty having lived on the island in isolation for several years.
- She welcomes the Chipmunks and Chipettes but they all give each other funny looks, noticing that the woman is a bit off kilter and they proceed with caution as they follow her to further explore the island.
- They see her tree house for example.
- She lets them know about her various activities such as bungee jumping and invites them to participate. Even Theodore who is afraid of scary movies dispels his fear to participate in the thrilling activity.
Is it something I ate?
Dave and Ian eventually see and reach the island as well and they readily assume that the Chipmunks and Chipettes must be there. Ian makes a fire to keep warm, just as the Chipmunks and Chipettes had done when they first arrived on the island.
Dave is eager to start looking for the Chipmunks and Chipettes right away but Ian insists that it can wait until morning. Ian prepares what looks like a big bird’s nest similar to the one Big Bird on Sesame Street has and Ian lies in the nest in his bird costume.
Again, hilarious. Hilarious in a very strange way, like why am I laughing so much at this? Is it something I ate or drank or is this just genuinely really that funny?
More and more funny moments occur in this action packed comedic adventure movie, Alvin and the Chipmunks – Chipwrecked….
Eventually, they must ALL get off of this island as a volcano becomes active and threatening…
For parents who enjoy watching children’s movies with their children, this movie will keep both the parents and the children entertained. There are lots of parodies, references to other movies and pop culture involved.
This movie, Alvin and the Chipmunks - Chipwrecked is rated G, general audiences.
Get this movie today for some stress reducing comic relief. This movie is ridiculous, in a good way.
Alvin and the Chipmunks - Chipwrecked the movie
Did you like to watch the Alvin and The Chipmunks cartoon series when you were a kid growing up?
When you were growing up, did you like to watch the Alvin and The Chipmunks cartoon series?
© 2018 Nyesha Pagnou MPH