- Entertainment and Media»
- Television & TV Shows
American Idol 2011 Season 10 - Scotty McCreery winner
- American Idol 2011 Season 10 Updates - Contestants, Results, Performances -
May 25, 2011 - SCOTTY WINS!
May 22, 2011 - Weekend Updates
Wow! Times flies! This week is American Idol 2011 Season 10 finale already. Performances night this week will be held a day earlier, on Tuesday instead of Wednesday, at Nokia Theatre with just an hour show from 8PM ET / 9PM PT.
Scotty and Lauren will perform three songs each as follows:
- One will be their favorite performance from earlier this season.
- The second song will be a selection from the show's creator, Simon Fuller.
- The third will be the song the performer hopes to record should he or she be crowned the American idol 2011 winner.
In the past weeks, the order of appearances were done by the production team. For the final performances, it was reported that Ryan Seacrest flipped a coin featuring Scotty's face on one side and Lauren's on the other. Scotty came up the winner, making it his choice to go first or second. But as the gentleman that this kid is, he gave Lauren the option to choose. Lauren chose second. Usually, the person who performs last is thought to have an advantage. So that was such a sweet gesture from Scotty.
Then on Wednesday night, the finale, the big results will be revealed as part of a mega two-hour show starting at 8PM ET / 9M PT. The show will feature the return of season 10's Top 13 and some surprise guests and performances. Don't miss the finale. I'm sure it's going to be great!
Final Two - Who is going to be crowned American Idol 2011 winner?
American Idol 2011 Season 10 - Elimination Results
May 25 - FINALE
Bottom 3 (random)
Bottom 2 (random)
Bottom 3 (random)
SAVED BY JUDGES
May 19, 2011 - Top 3 Results - HALEY ELIMINATED
It was an exciting results night. American Idol received 95 million votes last night, the highest non-finale votes in American idol history.
Haley's American Idol journey ended tonight. Haley got eliminated, a week before the finale. Haley came a long way from her first audition last season, when she didn't even pass audition, to being in the Top 3 this season.
Scotty and Lauren are in the finale next week. Don't miss it. Next week, it is not going to be Wednesday and Thursday. Next week shows will be Tuesday Performances and then Wednesday Finale (May 24 and 25, 2011).
GOODBYE TO HALEY REINHART
May 18, 2011 - Top 3 Performances Night
Wow! Whatta night! The American Idol 2011 Top 3 semifinalists performed three songs for us. So wonderful and exciting, with the mishaps and all. Haley fell on stage. Lauren's nylon ripped during commercial break right before her performance, and as American Idol is a live show, the show must go on. After the break, camera went on with an assistant applying makeup and shimmer on Lauren's legs. And then she had what Jennifer nicely put "an honest moment." Lauren forgot her lyrics or missed her cue. Still, she was fabulous. Scotty? Scotty was not wearing high heels nor nylons, so he was fine.
Guest mentor was Grammy multi-award winner Beyonce, and we got to see her new video "Run The World."
Here are the songs selected by the contestants for tonight (in order of appearance):
- Scotty - "Amazed" by Lonestar.
- Lauren - "Wild One" by Faith Hill.
- Haley - "What Is and What Will Never Be" by Led Zeppelin.
Here are Jimmy Iovine's song choices (in order of appearance):
- Scotty - "Are You Going to Kiss Me Or Not?" by Thompson Square.
- Lauren - "If I Die Young" by The Band Perry.
- Haley - "Rhiannon"by Fleetwood Mac.
Here are the judges' choices (in order of appearance):
- Scotty - "She Believes in Me" by Kenny Rogers.
- Lauren - "I Hope You Dance" by LeAnn Womack.
- Haley - "You Oughta Know" by Alanis Morissette.
May 16, 2011 - Weekend update
On Friday, the American Idol 2011 Top 3 were flown to their hometown in a private plane where they were most welcomed by thousands of adoring fans.
Scotty went home to Garner, North Carolina and, among other things, had a big surprise from his idol Josh Turner showing up and singing with him.
Lauren headed back to Chattanooga, TN and went everywhere from throwing out the first pitch at a ballgame to delivering a few songs at a nearby park.
Haley had a rainy homecoming in Chicago, IL and, among other things, performed at Arlington Park with her musical family in front of 30,000 screaming fans.
After a most enjoyable visit to their hometowns, the American Idol Top 3 semifinalists - Scotty, Lauren and Haley - have returned to the Idol studios in Los Angeles working really hard. Each of the Top 3 will be singing three wide open songs for us on Wednesday Top 3 performance show.
The song choices for each of our Top 3 will be as follows:
- One song is producer Jimmy Iovine’s selection,
- one from the judges’ panel, and
- the third will be a personal selection by each semifinalist.
Don't miss this week's show. Our idols are almost at the finish line. Support them by voting and voting some more.
Here are the American Idol 2011 Season 10 Top 3 Semifinalists
Thursday, May 12, 2011 - RESULTS Top 4 - JAMES ELIMINATED!
Another shocking results night. Both Haley and Lauren were safe.
- Scotty - once in the bottom 3
- James - never been in the bottom 3 nor bottom 2 - ELIMINATED
James was totally devastated. Ryan had to tell him to breath in and out slowly as he was losing it. Like Pia, James didn't see it coming. Although he told Ryan that he had a (bad) feeling earlier. Tears just kept rolling down his cheeks. Jennifer, too, couldn't help but cry.
It was a very emotional night for James Durbin, his beloved family, and his devoted fans. Tonight, James' American Idol journey ended. James got eliminated tonight.
GOODBYE TO JAMES DURBIN
Wednesday, May 11, 2011 - Top 4 Contestants Performances
It was quite a very interesting night.
Here are the song choices tonight (in the order of appearance):
American Idol 2011 Top 4 Performances – Inspirational Songs:
- James Durbin – "Don’t Stop Believin’ " by Journey
- Haley Reinhart – "Earth Song" by Michael Jackson
- Scotty McCreery – "Where Were You When the World Stopped Turning" by Alan Jackson
- Lauren Alaina – "Anyway" by Martina McBride
American Idol 2011 Top 4 Performances – Leiber & Stoller:
- Haley Reinhart – "I Who Have Nothing"
- Scotty McCreery – "Young Blood"
- Lauren Alaina – "Trouble"
- James Durbin – "Love Potion No. 9"
May 9, 2011
There are only two weeks to go before the finale. Time flies. American Idol 2011 season 10 is almost over. Last week, we said goodbye to Jacob Lusk.
There are only four finalists left (in alphabetical order by first name):
- Hailey Reinhart, 20, of Wheeling, Ilinois (originally from Palatine, Illinois)
- James Durbin, 22, of Santa Cruz, California
- Lauren Alaina, 16, of Rossville, Georgia
- Scotty McCreery, 17, of Garner, North Carolina
This week, the American Idol 2011 Top 4 contestants will be performing songs from Leiber & Stoller Songbook. Guest mentor is Lady Gaga.
On Thursday results show, season 6 winner Jordin Sparks will perform a single and then judge Steven Tyler will hit the stage with his new solo song “(It) Feels So Good.”
Your votes are very important, so please vote.
Thursday, May 5, 2011 - Results Night - JACOB ELIMINATED
Starting tonight, no more Bottom 3. Because there are only five remaining contestants, from now on it will be Bottom 2.
- Lauren Alaina - never been in Bottom 3 - Safe
- Jacob Lusk - three times in Bottom 3 - ELIMINATED
When Lauren found out she was in the Bottom 2, she started crying. Lauren had never been in the Bottom 3, and now she is in the Bottom 2.
When Ryan announced that it was the end of the road for Jacob, Lauren could hardly walk back to the bench. The poor girl was overcome with emotion. What about Jacob? Jacob looked relieved.
Tonight, it's the end of Jacob's American Idol journey. Jacob Lusk got eliminated tonight.
GOODBYE TO JACOB LUSK
Wednesday, May 4, 2011 - Top 5 Contestants Performances
Tonight's theme is "Now and Then." Each of the American Idol 2011 Top 5 remaining contestants had to choose two songs to perform - one from the 60's and one modern. Here are the Top 5 contestants song choices (in order of appearance):
- James Durbin - First song (Now) - "Closer to the Edge" by 30 Seconds to Mars; Second song (Then) - "Without You" by Harry Nilsson
- Jacob Lusk - First song (Now) - "No Air" by Jordin Sparks; Second song (Then) - "Love Hurts" by Nazareth
- Lauren Alaina - First song (Now) - "Flat on the Floor" by Carrie Underwood; Second song (Then) - "Unchained Melody" by The Righteous Brothers
- Scotty McCreery - First song (Now) - "Gone" by Montgomery Gentry; Second song (Then) - "Always On My Mind" by Elvis Presley
- Haley Reinhart - First song (Now) - "You and I" by Lady Gaga; Second song (Then) - "House of the Rising Sun"
American Idol 2011 Top 5 Contestants - Who will get eliminated?
April 28,2011 - Results Night - CASEY ELIMINATED
- Scotty McCreery - first time in Bottom 3 - Safe
- Casey Abrams - second time in Bottom 3 - ELIMINATED
- Jabob Lusk - third time in Bottom 3 - Safe
Ryan announced that Jacob was safe. So it was between Casey and Scotty. Casey had been in the bottom 3 before, actually he had been voted off by America but saved by the judges. Scotty had never been in the bottom 3 before and everyone could see how nervous he was. Then Ryan said "Casey, you're going home. Scotty, you're safe." Tonight, Casey got eliminated.
Casey was one of the most unique American Idol contestant EVER. He is a great performer, a true artist. He will be missed.
GOODBYE TO CASEY ABRAMS
April 27, 2011 - Top 6 Performances Night
American Idol 2011 Top 6 remaining contestant took on songs from Carole King's wide song catalogue. The result was a fantastic night. All the Top 6 remaining contestants showed up and gave us their all.. well, at least James Durbin and Scotty McCreery did.
Here's the song choices in the order of performances tonight.
- Jacob Lusk, “Oh No, Not My Baby.”
- Lauren Alaina, “Where You Lead.”
- Scotty McCreery, “You’ve Got a Friend.”
- James Durbin, “Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow.”
- Casey Abrams, “Hi-De-Ho.”
- Haley Reinhart, “Beautiful.”
American Idol 2011 Top 6 Contestants - Who will get eliminated?
April 21, 2011 - Results Night - STEFANO ELIMINATED
- Jacob - second time in bottom 3 - Safe
- Stefano - fourth time in bottom 3 - ELIMINATED
- Haley - fourth time in bottom 3 - Safe
Ryan walked Haley back to the safety bench. Haley was safe. It was between Jacob and Stefano. Ryan said Jacob was safe. It's the end of the road for Stefano.
Stefano got eliminated tonight.
Stefano is the second guy among the Top 13 finalists to get eliminated, the first one being Paul.
GOODBYE TO STEFANO LANGONE
American Idol 2011 Top 7 Contestants - Who will get eliminated tonight?
April 20, 2011 - Performances Night - Top 7 Contestants
Here are the American Idol 2011 Top 7 contestants song choices tonight and the phone numbers to call for each.. go vote vote vote!
- Scotty McCreery –Swingin– 1-866-436-5701
- James Durbin –Uprising– 1-866-436-5702
- Haley Reinhart –Rolling in the Deep– 1-866-436-5703
- Jacob Lusk –Dance with my Father– 1-866-436-5704
- Casey Abrams –Harder to Breathe– 1-866-436-5705
- Stefano Langone –Closer– 1-866-436-5706
- Lauren Alaina –Born to Fly– 1-866-436-5707
April 20, 2011 - Top 7 Contestants Performances
Last week, we said goodbye to Paul McDonald. Paul was the first guy among the Top 13 finalists to get eliminated. Do you remember who was first eliminated? It was Ashton Jones. The second one eliminated was Karen Rodriguez, followed by Thia Megia, Naima Adedapo in the double elimination night. And a couple of weeks ago, we said goodbye to Pia Toscano. Well, it's about time the guys get hit by this elimination fever.
Tonight, your American Idol 2011 Top 7 remaining contestants will be performing songs from the 21st century. Let's hope they all choose the right song. Song choice can either make or break the contestants' performances.
On Thursday's results night, American Idol season 7 winner David Cook will be performing his new single “The Last Goodbye.” Also performing on Thursday results night is 2011 People's Choice Favorite Female Artist and Favorite Internet Sensation Katy Perry, who will be singing her song “E.T.”
Don't forget to vote for your favorites if you want them to stay in the competition. Vote, vote, and vote some more.
American Idol 2011 Top 8 Contestants - Who will get eliminated tonight?
GOODBY TO PAUL McDONALD
American Idol 2011 Season 10 Top 8 - Results April 13 Performances
April 14, 2011 - RESULTS NIGHT
Bottom 3 tonight:
- Haley - third time in Bottom 3 - Safe
- Stefano - third time in Bottom 3 - Safe
- Paul - second time in Bottom 3 - ELIMINATED
Ryan announced that Haley was safe. It was between Stefano and Paul.
First guy to get voted off in American Idol 2011.......... PAUL McDONALD!
Tonight, Paul McDonald's American Idol journey ends.
American Idol 2011 Season 10 Top 9 Contestants - Who will get eliminated?
GOODBYE TO PIA TOSCANO
American Idol 2011 Season 10 Top 9 - Results April 6 Performances
April 7, 2011 - RESULTS NIGHT
- Pia Toscano - first time in bottom 3 - ELIMINATED
- Jacob Lusk - first time in bottom 3 - safe
- Stefano Langone - second time in bottom 3 - safe
Ryan announced that Jacob was going back.... to the safety of the bench. Then Ryan dropped the bomb!
In a somber tone, Ryan said, "Pia, you're going home tonight. Stefano you're safe."
What a shocker!!! Sadly, it's true. Pia got eliminated.
American Idol 2011 Season 10 Top 11 Contestants - Round 2
GOODBYE TO THIA MEGIA and NAIMA ADEDAPO
American Idol 2011 Season 10 Top 11 Round 2 Results of March 30, 2011 Performances
March 31, 2011 - RESULTS DOUBLE ELIMINATION
- Thia Megia - second time in bottom 3 - ELIMINATED
- Naima Adedapo - second time in bottom 3 - ELIMINATED
- Paul McDonald - first time in bottom 3 - Safe
Ryan said that Paul was safe.
Thia Megia and Naima Adedapo got ELIMINATED tonight.
American Idol 2011 Season 10 Top 11 Contestants
American Idol 2011 Season 10 Top 11 Results of March 23, 2011 Performances
Thursday, March 24, 2011 - SHOCKING RESULTS NIGHT
What a shocking results night! Ryan said at the beginning of the show that we were in for a big surprise. Well, here it is. Surprise!
- Thia Megia - first time in bottom 3 - safe
- Stefano Langone - first time in bottom 3
- Casey Abrams - first time in bottom 3
Before the judges, the audience and the viewers could pick up their jaws from the floor, Ryan announced that Thia was safe. That left Stefano and Casey. Who got the lowest number of votes and was in danger of going home?
American Idol 2011 - American Idol Season 10 - Final 12 Contestants
American Idol 2011 Season 10 Top 12 Results of Mar/16/2011 Performances
Thursday, March 17, 2011
- Haley Reinhart - second time in bottom 3 -safe
- Naima Adedapo - first time in bottom 3 - safe
- Karen Rodriguez - second time in bottom 3 - ELIMINATED
Karen Rodriguez was the second American Idol 2011 Season 10 finalist to get eliminated.
American Idol 2011 - Season 10 - TOP 13 Contestants
American Idol 2011 - Top 13 - Results of March 9, 2011 Performances
Thursday, March 10, 2011
- Karen Rodriguez - safe
- Ashthon Jones - eliminated
- Haley Reinhart - safe
Ashthon Jones was the first American Idol 2011 Season 10 finalist to get eliminated.
American Idol 2011 - Las Vegas Results - TOP 24 Contestants
Sitting on the floor l-r: Paul McDonald, Hailey Reinhart, Robbie Rosen.
Second row sitting on chairs l-r: Rachel Zevita, Stefano Langone, Julie Zorilla, Tim Halperin, Clint Jun Gamboa, Naima Adedapo, Ashthon Jones
Back row l-r: Kendra Chantelle, Jovany Barreto, Lauren Turner, Casey Abrams, Tatynisa Wilson, James Durbin, Karen Rodriguez, Jacob Lusk, Lauren Alaina, Thia Megia, Brett Loewenstern, Pia Toscano
Standing behind Thia Megia: Scotty McCreery; and standing behind Pia Toscano: Jordan Dorsey
American Idol 2011 Judges - Steven Tyler, Jennifer Lopez and Randy Jackson
Did you know? by Rosie2010
Did you know you can create your own HubPage?
Did you know you can be part of a great community, make friends and, share your knowledge and experience, and EARN MONEY through Adsense and other Affiliate programs?
Yes, you can! JOIN HUBPAGES NOW - CLICK HERE!