- Entertainment and Media»
- Cartoons & Animation
Animated Movie Quotes: 50 of the Best
Famous Quotes From Influential People, Involved in the Creation of Animated Movies
Here are just a few quotes from famous people, involved in and around animation movies which have changed the world:
- "Animation offers a medium of story telling and visual entertainment which can bring pleasure and information to people of all ages everywhere in the world." - Walt Disney (founder of Walt Disney Studios)
- "Animation can explain whatever the mind of man can conceive. The facility makes it the most versatile and explicit means of communication yet devised for quick mass appreciation." - Walt Disney (founder of Walt Disney Studios)
- "Well, luckily with animation, fantasy is your friend." - Steven Spielberg (co-founder of DreamWorks Studios)
- "What I love about animation is, it's a team sport, and everything we do is about pure imagination." - Jeffrey Katzenberg (co-founder of DreamWorks Studios)
- "Computers don't create computer animation any more than a pencil creates pencil animation. What creates computer animation is the artist." - John Lasseter (director of Toy Story)
- "In Hollywood, they think drawn animation doesn't work any more, computers are the way. They forget that the reason computers are the way is that Pixar makes good movies. So everybody tries to copy Pixar. They're relying too much on the technology and not enough on the artists." - Tim Burton (director of Corpse Bride)
Animated Movie Quotes Quiz
Its no secret, that animation movies are something of a phenomenon in Hollywood, thanks to the brave, talented, and original animators working for the animation studios which we all know and love. After taking into consideration the love that I have for animation and the love I know many others have for the genre, I decided I would create a list of the 50 best animation quotes which I took the time in gathering, to ensure they were all top notch.
The hub is split into a simple layout, which is easy to understand and follow, with the quotes listed at the top, with the answers at the bottom. Read through the quotes, making a note of the movies which you believe they belong to, then see if you were right by checking the answers towards the bottom of the page (as clearly shown).
Plus - To the right, you may have already taken a look, but just to clarify, these are a few quotes taken from famous people influential in the creation of animation movies, which I found to be quite inspiring, and a real eye opener.
Top 50 Animated Movie Quotes
Disney Animation Movie Quotes
A sprinkle of Disney magic is all animation needs and the world will fall in love again with an all new and exciting adventure. Here are a few of the best quotes taken from the most intensely wonderful Disney animated movies:
1. "No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true."
2. "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense."
3. "The most important thing is, even if we're apart, I'll always be with you."
4. "The water's always changing, always flowing. But people, I guess can't live like that."
5. "People have got to be free to lead their own lives."
6. "Think of all the joy you'll find when you leave the world behind and bid your cares goodbye."
7. "Magic mirror on the wall, who is the fairest one of all?"
8. "Ladies don't start fights, but they can finish them."
9. "I didn't want to have to do this, but you leave me no choice. Here comes the smoulder."
10. "Hmmm. Don't Know, don't care. How's that?"
Answers are at the bottom of the page, but don't worry there are still more quotes below.
Pixar Animation Movie Quotes
Pixar's wacky creations have redefined animation technology with their CGI-animation and original, far out storyline's which explore the human imagination, to bring to life a world which before, could have only ever been seen in our own minds. Here are a few of the best quotes taken from Pixar's best movies so far:
11. "You are a sad, strange little man. And you have my pity."
12. "The only thing predictable about life is its unpredictability."
13. (Shark pledge) "I am a nice shark. Not a mindless eatin' machine. If I want to change this image, I must first change myself. Fish are friends. Not food."
14. "That is the weirdest thing you have ever said."
15. "Don't think, and don't worry. If the time comes, you'll know what to do."
16. "Thanks for the adventure. Now go and have a new one."
17. "Quiet, musical hog!"
18. [Speech] (1) - "This is called farming! You kids are gonna grow all kinds of plants! Vegetable plants, pizza plants."
(1) - "Oh, it's good to be home!"
19. "On your marks, get set... uno for the money, due for the show, try to get ready, and quattro to... I can't believe it... go!"
20. [Speech] (1) - "Francis! Francis!, I'm stuck!"
(2) - "Where are you?"
(1) - "I'm over here."
(2) - "Where?"
(1) - "Here!"
(1) - "I'm the only stick with eyeballs!"
DreamWorks Animation Movie Quotes
DreamWorks, officially labelled as the newbie among the big 3 animation studios (DreamWorks, Disney, and Pixar), even though they have 29 feature film titles among their collection. DreamWorks have a pro-animation brand name, which is perfect for reflecting the great work which has been produced so far by the company. Here are a few quotes taken from DreamWorks Animations best movies so far:
21. "OW, my giant blue head."
22. "But I don't want a poster. I want a real kitty hanging from a real tree. I want to go home."
23. [Speech] - (1) - "You can't defeat me! You... you're just a big... fat... panda!"
(2) - "I'm not a big fat panda. I'm THE big fat panda."
24. [Speech] (1) - "He can talk!"
(2) - "That's right, fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey! You might have seen a housefly, maybe even seen a super fly, but I bet you ain't never seen a donkey fly! Ha, ha!"
(2) - "Uh-oh!"
25. [Speech] (1) - "The only reason you are still alive is that I find your stupidity mildly amusing."
(2) - "Well thank you, but I find your evilness extremely annoying!"
(1) - "Who do you think you are, panda?"
(2) - "Who do I think I am, peacock?"
(1) - "Why are we laughing?"
26. [Speech] (1) - "What happened here?"
(2) - "I tried talking to these guys, and then there was a dustbuster, a toupee and a life-raft exploded... now one's bald, one's in a boat, and they're both unconscious!"
(1) - "Is that a bee joke?"
27. [Speech] (1) - "Am I on the Naughty List?"
(2) - "Naughty List, you hold record."
28. [Speech] (1) - "This is Berk. It's twelve days north of hopeless and a few degrees south of freezing to death. Its located solidly on the Meridian of Misery. My village. In a word? Sturdy. It's been here for seven generations, but every single building is new. We have fishing, hunting, and even a charming view of the sunsets. The only problems are the pests. You see, most places have mice or mosquitoes... we have..."
(1) - "Dragons!"
29. [Speech] (1) - "Quick tell a lie."
(2) - "What should I say?"
(1) - "Say something crazy... like you're wearing ladies underwear."
(2) - "Um, OK. I'm wearing ladies underwear."
(1) - "Are you?"
(2) - "I most certainly am not."
(1) - "It looks like you most certainly am are."
(2) - "I am not!"
(1) - "What kind?"
(1) - "IT'S A THONG!"
30. [Speech] (1) - "Is it true a cat always lands on its feet?"
(2) - "No! That is just a rumour, spread by dogs!
Blue Sky Studios Animation Movie Quotes
Blue Sky Studios are not the most well-known animation studio in Hollywood but they have shown substantial capabilities as an animation film studio, with their best known title, Ice Age (2002), which went on to have 3 sequels. This was evidence, proving they could compete with the likes of DreamWorks, Disney and Pixar, at the box office. Here are a few quotes taken from Blue Sky Studios best movies so far:
31. [Singing] "Stop, hey, what's that sound, all the mammoths are in the ground!"
32. [Speech] (1) - "My mother once told me that bad news is just good news in disguise."
(2) - "Was this before she abandoned you?"
(1) - "Yes it was."
33. [Speech] (1) - "Luiz is a bulldog?"
(2) - "You got something against dogs."
(1) - "I do when they're drooling on me."
(2) - "It's a medical condition."
34. [Speech] (1) - "Are you ready for adventure."
(2) - "Yes, sir!"
(1) - "For danger."
(2) - "Yes, sir."
(1) - "For death."
(2) - "Uhh, can you repeat the question?"
35. [Speech] (1) - "Oh it used to be a lot worse. They used to have this giant hammer..."
(1) - " Hey, they brought it back!"
36. "In my world everyone is a pony, and they all eat rainbows, and poop butterflies."
37. [Speech] (1) - "I am going to the Amazon. Yay."
(2) - "Like the website?"
38. [Speech] (1) - "Hey, what's your problem?"
(2) - "*You* are my problem."
(1) - "Well, I think you're stressed, and that's why you eat so much. I mean, it's hard to get fat on a vegan diet."
(2) - "I'm not fat. It's all this fur. It makes me look... poofy."
(1) - "Fine. You have fat fur. But when you're ready to talk, I'm here."
39. "I'm going to destroy the forest. But I'm only going to do it once, so try to pay attention."
40. "I've eaten things that didn't complain this much."
Illumination Entertainment Animation Movie Quotes
Illumination Entertainment are not the best-known animation studio in the world but they have certainly come a long way since their first feature film release in 2010, which was the hit animation flick, Despicable Me, which exceeded all expectations. Since Despicable me they have produced a Despicable Me sequel along with two other releases and a few upcoming films in the pipeline. From the minds behind the yellow minion henchman, here are a few quotes taken from Illumination Entertainment's best movies so far:
41. "Now that's a thneed! Nothing unmanly about knitting. No sir!"
42. [Speech] (1) - "Hey, what celebrity do you look like?"
(2) - "Uh, Bruce Willis."
(1) - "Mmm, no."
(3) - "Humpty Dumpty!"
(4) - "Ooh, Gollum!"
43. "Huh... you usually don't see that in bunnies."
44. "You got to be pulling on my leg!"
45. [Speech] (1) - "Unless someone like you cares an awful lot, things aren't going to get better. They're not."
(2) - "You do know that you are talking in rhyme, don't you?"
46. [Speech] (1) - "Hello, Fred. FYI. Your dog has been leaving little bombs in my yard, and I do not appreciate it."
(2) - "Oh you know dogs... they go where they want to go."
(1) - "Unless they're dead."
(2) - "I'm joking! Oh, though it is true. Anyway, have a good one."
47. [Speech] (1) - "Whoa, whoa, whoa! You wouldn't hit a woman."
(2) - "Hoo! That's a woman?"
48. [Speech] (1) - "We stole the Statue of Liberty...!"
(1) - "...the small one, from Las Vegas!"
(1) - "I won't even mention the Eiffel Tower... also Vegas."
49. "Who taught you guys how to steal a bed?"
50. [Speech] (1) - "I hate boys."
(2) - "Yes, they stink."
26. Bee Movie (2007)
27. Rise of the Guardians (2012)
28. How to Train Your Dragon (2010)
29. Shrek 2 (2004)
30. Puss in Boots (2011)
Blue Sky Studios:
31. Ice Age: The Meltdown (2006)
32. Ice Age: Continental Drift (2012)
33. Rio (2011)
34. Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (2009)
35. Robots (2005)
36. Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears a Who! (2008)
37. Rio 2 (2014)
38. Ice Age (2002)
39. Epic (2013)
40. Ice Age (2002)
41. Dr. Seuss' The Lorax (2012)
42. Despicable Me 2 (2013)
43. Despicable Me 2 (2013)
44. Despicable Me (2010)
45. Dr. Seuss' The Lorax (2012)
46. Despicable Me (2010)
47. Dr. Seuss' The Lorax (2012)
48. Despicable Me (2010)
49. Dr. Seuss' The Lorax (2012)
50. Despicable Me 2 (2013)
1. Cinderella (1950)
2. Alice in Wonderland (1951)
3. The Many Adventure of Winnie the Pooh (1977)
4. Pocahontas (1995)
5. The Little Mermaid (1989)
6. Peter Pan (1953)
7. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937)
8. The AristoCats (1970)
9. Tangled (2010)
10. The Emperor's New Groove (2000)
11. Toy Story (1995)
12. Ratatouille (2007)
13. Finding Nemo (2003)
14. Monsters, Inc. (2001)
15. The Incredibles (2004)
16. Up (2009)
17. Toy Story 3 (2010)
18. WALL-E (2008)
19. Cars (2006)
20. A Bug's Life (1998)
21. Megamind (2010)
22. Monsters vs. Aliens (2009)
23. Kung Fu Panda (2008)
24. Shrek (2001)
25. Kung Fu Panda 2 (2011)
How Well Did You Score
What score did you get out of 50?
So, how many did you get right? That many huh, well leave the score in the poll to the right hand side.
Also, would you be interested in taking part in further "Quotes Quiz's" in the future? If YES, please let us know by answering the poll at the bottom of the page. .
Finally, if you have any thoughts or questions which you would like to share, then please leave them in the comments box below.
As always, thank you for reading.