Batman Turns 75 at Warner Bros.
Batman Celebrates 75 Years
10 Fun Facts About Batman
1. Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment has announced June 2, 2015 as the release date for Batman: Arkham Knight.
2. Batman was created by artist Bob Kane and writer Bill Finger. It was originally the Bat-Man.
3. Burt Ward who portrayed Robin in the 1960s television show, wrote Boy Wonder: My Life in Tights; he writes that the relationship between Batman and Robin could be interpreted as a sexual one.
4. The Dark Knight opened in 2008 with the highest grossing opening weekend of all time in the U.S., earning approximately $158 million. It reached the $400 million on the eighteenth day of its release.
5. The Batcave made its debut in 1944 in the Detective Comics book #83.
6. Adam West had a creative dentist add a little black Batman logo to one of his molars.
7. Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight was the first Batman film to not have the word Batman featured in its title.
8. The University of Victoria in Canada offers a college course on the science of Batman.
9. Batman was created as a combination of Zorro, Dracula, and the Shadow.
10. Jack Nicholson as The Joker got top billing in the movie Batman released in 1989. This was the first time the actor playing Batman, Michael Keaton, didn't get top billing. The second time was when Arnold Schwarzenegger played Mr. Freeze. He got top-billing over George Clooney who played Batman.
*Facts collected on Adam West IMDb, Now You Know This, OMG
The Bat Cave Museum
To celebrate the 75th anniversary of DC Comics’ Batman, Warner Bros. gathered some of their most prized bat mobiles, costumes, grappling Guns and batarangs. They have stored all of these items in the prop and costume area at the studios where the classic movies were made.
Expert tour guides will accompany into the "Bat Cave" and allow you to wander around the ground floor dedicated to the Caped Crusader. The "Bat Cave" is an exciting newly-transformed Studio Tour museum.
My favorite items to look at were the six iconic Batsuits worn by Michael Keaton in Batman and Christian Bale's costume worn in The Dark Knight Rises. I also admired the costume by Uma Thurman as Poison Ivy, Jack Nicholson as The Joker, Jim Carrey as The Riddler, Danny DeVito as the Penguin and Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman.
From the prop department they displayed the the Joker’s cards, Two-Face’s coin, Penguin’s umbrella and Bane’s bomb.
Everyone wanted a photo to tweet out or Instagram of the Dark Knight’s most iconic vehicles that included a lit up Bathammer, Bat-Pod and Tumbler taking center stage. The Bat-Signal, used to call Bruce Wayne’s alter ego at a time of need is displayed too.
75th Batman Anniversary
Which Batman Movie Was Your Favorite
The Bat Cave Museum has Bar Mobiles
Warner Bros. VIP Studio Tour
Tours at Warner Bros. Studios
TV Shows filmed on the Warner Bros. Lot
The VIP tour is 2 hour and 15 minutes
The Big Band Theory
The Jazz Singer, 1927
The Deluxe Tour is a special 5 hour tour
The Ellen DeGeneres Show
Two and a Half Men
Bonnie and Clyde, 1967