Best Cartoons of All Time: Top 10 List
- Best Late Night Talk Shows of All Time
David Letterman, Johnny Carson, Jay Leno and Merv Griffin are featured in this hub about televisions best late night talk shows. Pictures, videos and commentary are also listed in this blog.
- Comedy Central Roasts Rankings
This comedy article documents all of the Comedy Central Roasts including roasts of Charlie Sheen, Bob Saget, William Shatner and Roseanne Bar. Pictures, maps, polls, video clips and commentary are also featured in this television hub. Seth McFarland
- Prison Break Season 3: The Ultimate Review
This is an article about the drama television show called Prison Break. This hub documents the third season featuring Lincoln, Michael, Sara and T Bag. Pictures, you tube clips, maps, polls and commentary are listed in this blog as well.
- Black and White Television Classics
This article describes the top television shows from the black and white t.v. Era. I Love Lucy, The Honeymooners and Twilight Zone are featured in this television blog. Pictures, polls, maps, you tube videos and commentary are also listed in this hub
- Best TV Game Shows of All Time
This article documents the top Game Shows in Television history. The Price is Right, Jeopardy, Family Feud and Who Wants To Be a Millionaire are featured in this blog. Pictures, polls, maps, You Tube videos and commentary are listed here as well.
- Best Sitcoms of All Time
This article is about the top television sitcoms ever made. The Jeffersons, Seinfeld, All in the Family and Two and a Half men are all featured in this movie hub. Pictures, maps, polls, you tube videos and commentary are also listed in this blog.
1. Family Guy: This show made by Seth McFarland features no holds barred comedy. The uncut versions are not appropriate for kids. Peter Griffith and his dog Brian are the stars and of course the diabolical baby, Stewie. A movie was made from this show for DVD. They make fun of every subject and every celebrity possible and besides Peter, Stewie and Brian they have daughter Meg, Chris the son and Peter's wife Louis. This cartoon has mostly adult themes and the uncut versions are rated M. Personally it goes too far sometimes but on the other hand that is what sets it apart from the rest. Although the show centers around Peter, Brian and Stewie, my favorite character is actually Lois. Television Run: 1999- Present
2. The Simpsons:This is the longest running cartoon in history. It started out in 1989 and it still produces new shows. The cartoon centers around Homer Simpson and his friends and family especially his son, Bart. Homer, like Peter on Family Guy is always getting into a mess. The best way I would describe this animated show is that it is a PG-13 version of Family Guy. A full length film about this show came to theaters and had major success. Also, video games have been made based on this show. Television Run: 1989- Present
3. The Flintstones: This classic has had spin offs and a feature film(not a cartoon)made based on this show based on a family living in prehistoric times. This show has a dinosaur named Dino instead of a dog for a house pet and everything in the show is based on dinosaur and cavemen times.This cartoon is Hilarious almost every episode and well worth your time if you like laughter. Fred Flintstone and his pal Barney Rubble star in the show. Television Run: 1960-1966
4. The Jetsons: This show is the opposite of The Flintstones as it is about living in the future. George Jetson sand family truly live modern with flying cars and floating buildings. The cartoon has had an animated film based off of it and the spacde age laughter keeps coming. Lots of things from that old cartoon are coming to fruition nowadays. Original Run: 1962-1963 (Season One) and 1985-1987 (Season Two and Three).
5. Scooby Doo: Shaggy, Scooby Doo and the gang must solve mysteries but not without their own hi jinx and problems. Scooby and Shaggy are frightened very easily but usually they end up catching the bad guy. This show reruns regularly and has had two full feature movies made based on the show. lots of toys and several video games as well. The plots are always lame but the show is full of laughs nonetheless. Television Run: 1969- Present
6. King of The Hill: This series focuses on Hank Hill and his home and work life. The show usually deals with everyday issues that all families deal with. The show aired for 13 seasons and the show was a spin off from Beavis and Butthead. Hank Hill sells propane for a living and the show has him each episode hanging out with three of his friends in the end. Television Run: 1997-2010
7. Tom and Jerry: This classic cat chasing the mouse cartoon is off the chain in many ways. Tom the cat usually gets in more trouble than it's worth trying to catch Jerry, the slick mouse. The cartoon had regular episodes and it also had cartoon shorts to go along with the spin off called the Tom and Jerry Friends. Tom also has to deal with a huge bull dog and the smarts of Jerry. Television Run: 1940-2005
8. G.I. Joe: This show made 95 episodes and it always had a moral point to make about right and wrong. The bad guys were Cobra and G.I. Joe was made up of the Army, Navy, Air Force and The Marines. Two feature films were made based on this show and it's a half-way serious cartoon. One of my favorites when I was growing up. Television Run: 1983-1986
9. South Park: This show has been going strong since it's debut back in 1997. The cartoon describes four friends and their journeys. Sometimes the show goes over the line when it comes to making fun of people or subjects. Like Family Guy this show is R Rated on DVD. It talks about people in a nasty way which is the allure of the show. Television Run: 1997-Present
10. Road Runner: Wylie coyote was always in pursuit of The Road Runner. He always said "beep beep" and he is gone in a flash. His tricks to blow up the road runner or catch him always backfired on the coyote and the road runner got away again. As corny as the show was it was a staple of 80's cartoons and it was funny nonetheless and to be honest quite addicting. Television Run: 1949-2010
Which is Your Favorite?
What is Your Favorite Cartoon?
The Simpsons came out and everyone thought it was vulgar. Can you imagine. Compared to Family Guy and American Dad The Simpsons is very tame. Bart Simpson was very funny as a teenager when I was growing up.
© 2012 Buster Johnson