- Entertainment and Media»
- Television & TV Shows»
- TV Shows»
- Children's TV
A List of Educational Shows for Kids
Television shows that teach science, history, language arts and music can be a great way to supplement your child's education. It's a good idea to limit younger children's TV watching to mainly educational content.
I started to really see the value of educational shows when I saw my older daughter's vocabulary expand significantly from watching a PBS show called Martha Speaks. My younger daughter's math knowledge increased a lot from watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on the Disney Channel. TV can be an effective teaching tool if used in moderation.
Many of the TV shows in this list are available on YouTube, Hulu.com and various TV stations. Many are also available to buy or rent as DVDs. This list of educational shows is mainly for preschool and elementary age kids.
There are a lot of educational shows that teach science concepts to preschool, elementary school and middle school age kids. Science is by far the easiest subject to find quality educational shows for.
- The Magic School Bus
- Zula Patrol
- Sid the Science Kid
- Dinosaur Train
- Animal Atlas
- The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That
- Peep and the Big Wide World
- Beakman's World
- Bill Nye the Science Guy
- Go Diego Go
- Wild Kratts
- Project MC2 (this show is a Netflix original)
Language Arts, History and Other Subjects
This is a list of shows that cover language arts, math, history, and music.
- Martha Speaks (Vocabulary)
- WordGirl (Vocabulary)
- Odd Squad (Elementary Math)
- Cyberchase (Math)
- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (Preschool Math)
- Where In the World is Carmen Sandiego? (Geography)
- Super Why (Reading)
- School House Rock (Math, Language Arts, Science, History)
- Sesame Street (Math and Language Arts)
- Word World (Reading)
- Wishbone (Literature)
- Reading Rainbow (Reading and Books)
- Liberty's Kids (History and The American Revolution)
- Little Amadeus (Music Appreciation)
- Enviropals (The Environment)
- Dora the Explorer (Spanish)
- Biz Kids (Financial Literacy)