Best Movies of 2015
5. The Hateful Eight
Written and directed by Quentin Tarantino, the story follows a bounty hunter and his prisoner as they find shelter in a cabin in the middle of a winter storm. In the cabin are a collection of diverse characters and danger awaits. This film earned a spot on this list mainly due to Tarantino directing it. If you have seen his other work, you will definitely like this film. I admit that at times his style is a little repetitive. Nevertheless this is a fantastic film, it will keep you on the edge of your seat with suspense.
Facts You Need to Know
- It almost didn't happen
- It was filmed in 70MM
- It was shot in freezing Colorado
- It is connected to Django Unchained
- It is one of Tarantino's last films
- It is also Tarantino's longest film to date
The Hateful Eight Official Trailer
4. Straight Outta Compton
Straight Outta Compton
During the mid 1980s, the rap group NWA, makes history as they emerge from Compton, Los Angeles. In the film you will see what all they had to deal with. Things like racism, poverty etc. They were known for their brutally honest lyrics, that put a spotlight on police brutality and the problems that were revered in Compton. They eventually started a revolution, that changed rap music forever. Overall the cast is amazing, the dialogue fits the film. Great biopic.
Facts You Should Know
- The crew has history.
- Ice Cube's son had to audition for is dad's role.
- Tupac was played by two different actors.
- Ice Cube himself is involved deeply in the film.
Straight Outta Compton Official Trailer
3. Mad Max: Fury Road
George Miller returns to the franchise that he started back in 1979 with the original Mad Max that starred Mel Gibson. This film was absolutely amazing to say the least. It will have you on the edge of your seat, with all of the realistic effect. To be honest there really isn't much of a plot. Even though, it didn't really need one. Now if you have never once seen the original films. This movie totally stands alone from the rest. Tom Hardy ( Max) and Charlize Theron ( Furiosa), both were excellent, and likable characters. The action sequences are intense, there is something always going on in every scene, so don't be worried about becoming bored.
Facts You Should Know
- Mel Gibson was set to return.
- 9/11 caused many delays in the beginning.
- Heath Ledger was set to be Gibson's replacement
- Theron's hairstyle in the film was her idea.
- Almost every female lead was a model or is still a model.
- Hardy and Theron did not always get along.
- Sequels are on the way.
Mad Max: Fury Road Official Trailer
2. Steve Jobs
The film stars Michael Fassbender and is directed my Danny Boyle. Watching this film you will see a brutally honest take on Steve Job's life. It revolves around three iconic product launches. Seth Rogen really surprised with his performance of Steve Wozniak, who is basically the complete opposite of Steve Jobs.The dialogue in this film is excellent and complex. It is something you would probably expect, if you were to have a conversation with Jobs himself. I feel that Fassbender, played the role almost too well, he may just be one of the greatest actors of the generation.
Steve Jobs Official Trailer
1. Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Being a nerdy fan boy I had to choose, The Force awakens. In the new installment, we witness the rise of the dark side in a new and possibly more dangerous form. We get a host of new characters and secrets. Fans of the franchise, get to see many of the original cast make a successful return and even the death of one. This film also begins a new trilogy and spin off films that will continue to bring us back to this universe for the next century. Not to mention it has made 2 billion dollars globally.
Facts you should know
- Many scenes from the trailer, do not make it into the film.
- Carrie Fisher's daughter has a small role in the film.
- Bill Hader ( Inside Out ) and Ben Schwartz ( House of Cards ) both voice BB-8.
- Simon Pegg makes a unrecognizable cameo early on in the film.