Best Reality Shows in Television History
Great Reality Shows
Which is Your Favorite?
Which is Your Favorite Reality Show?
My Favorite Reality Shows
1. Hogan Knows Best: Focused on the chaotic life of Hulk Hogan. This show is mostly focused on his trying to help his children get their careers going. Which, he really did but, probably not his ideal way of doing so. The show was cancelled in 2007. This realty program showed Hogan wrestling, partying and having marital problems right before our eyes. This was a reality show that really did have Hulk Hogan's life changing as he had known it all these years. He watched himself and the lives of his wife and children under the microscope. It was the demise of his family.
2. Brooke Knows Best: This show was a spin off of Hogan Knows best. This show was started in 2008 and, it was also cancelled in 2009. The show was filmed in South Beach and was based on Brooke becoming independent of her parents and trying to made a singing career for herself. Paul Wall and other musical performers made appearances on her show. This just seemed to be a bad idea, in my opinion from the beginning. With the Hogan family just falling apart in every way possible, this seemed like Brooke's way of getting back at him. I feel like she was trying to get back at her father, Hulk Hogan, and it just wasn't a good situation for the family and it made Brooke look quite selfish and we just didn't get it. She has everything.
3. Flavor of Love: Flavor Flave from the rap group Public Enemy has his own show. On his reality show, women fight for his attention to see if they can make him fall in love. The ladies fight for Flave's attention emotionally, physically and mentally. The ladies stay in different rooms in the mansion while trying to impress him. The show spawned a sequel called New York. In this show, the girls and Flavor Flave, would stop at nothing until they got what they wanted. There is a lot of nudity, sexual scenes and sexual acts are strongly suggested. Please monitor in your home who can watch this show. With all due respect, not appropriate for all ages.
4. Dancing With The Stars: This was really a clever idea for a reality show. You can not go wrong when pairing stars with stars. Each celebrity is paired with a professional dancer and the dancer's train the celebrity and teach them to dance. Some of the celebrities in the past have been: a boxer, football players, actors/actresses, supermodels, teen heart throbs and even an astronaut. The dancers make up routines to music and they learn the choreography (there routine and moves) . The dances are performed in front of 3 judges and in front of a live audience. The audience is allowed to call in and vote after the show is over but, the judges also get to vote. Each week a couple is eliminated and the last couple standing is the winner.
5. American Idol: A singing competition that has taken our country by storm. With the winner of the competition winning a brand new car and a contract for a singing career. With each person in the contest being so different, it is interesting to see each contestant adapt to the "Themed Weeks" (which is every week). They adapt the best they can.....then Simon either loves them or hates them. This show captivating audiences especially since they could do call in voting.
6. American Chopper: A father and his two sons have trouble just like everyone does. They will start from the scrap pieces and they will build the motorcycles from the ground up. Some of the bikes are made for corporation's and they are delivered by the guys. The finished bikes are absolutely amazing.
7. The Amazing Race: A race where teams of two have different tasks to accomplish. Each part of the race is called "a leg of the race". In each leg of the race, you may be faced with a detour. There are pros and cons to any detour. A race around the country but, also a race with yourself to see if you have what it takes to endure and make it to the end. A cash prize is awarded to the winner.
8. Survivor: Staged in different countries around the world. Usually on a remote island. Two teams of people are dropped off with minimal supplies and are expected to "Survive" the wild. They have to catch and cook their own food, come up with shelter and divide up "chores" amongst themselves. Games are played between the two teams and the losing team has to vote off of the island one of their own. The team that wins the game is except from the vote. A cash prize is awarded to the winner of Survivor.
9. Extreme Makeover Home Edition: This is a great show to watch with your family. The families that are chosen usually are living in a house that is not fit to live in. They may have adopted children with disabilities and they are just making it on what they bring home but, they are always short on a bill or two because they give to the local shelter....for example. These people are givers but, never taken a step back to see how it would be taken.
10. Making The Band: Making the band aired from 2000-2009 and was started by Sean Combs AKA P Diddy. In this show you must act in unity and prove to Diddy that you have what it takes to succeed under any circumstances. Several bands have been spawned from this reality show including O-Town, Da Band, Day26 and Donnie Klang.
Reality Show Ranking
Most Viewed Reality Shows
2. Amazing Race:
3. Big Brother:
4. America's Next Top Model:
5, Fear Factor:
6. The Osbournes
7. Celebrity Apprentice:
8. America's Got Talent:
9. Deal or No Deal:
10. Wife Swap:
Hogan Knows Best Trailer
Making the Band
- Best Television Crime Dramas of All Time
This television article focuses on the top crime dramas to make it to the small screen. Prison Break, Miami Vice, Columbo and Twin Peaks are listed in this hub along with videos and pictures.
- Best Comedy Sitcoms of the 1990's
This hub focuses on the top sitcoms during the 1990's. Perfect Dtrangers, Saved by the Bell, Growing Pains and Beverly Hills 90210 are all listed in this television article. Pictures, polls, maps, you tube video clips and commentary are also featured
- Best Late Night Talk Shows of All Time
- Comedy Central Roasts Rankings
This comedy article documents all of the Comedy Central Roasts including roasts of Charlie Sheen, Bob Saget, William Shatner and Roseanne Bar. Pictures, maps, polls, video clips and commentary are also featured in this television hub. Seth McFarland
- Best Sitcoms of All Time
This article is about the top television sitcoms ever made. The Jeffersons, Seinfeld, All in the Family and Two and a Half men are all featured in this movie hub. Pictures, maps, polls, you tube videos and commentary are also listed in this blog.
The Real World Trailer
© 2012 Buster Johnson