Best Romantic Comedy Movies of All Time
1. The Wedding Singer: Adam Sandler plays a wedding singer and Drew Barrymore plays a waitress at the wedding he is singing at. This is where they first meet. You guessed it! They fall in love. The music will keep you laughing throughout whole film. Drew Barrymore brings emotions to the film that no one else has. She is just a natural. Adam Sandler is as funny as always, but, in this movie he actually sings and it is so funny. Some of the scenes are a bit rated R but, in the end the laughter and the love go hand in hand. It's just friends trying to help in anything that is serious in life!!
2. You've Got Mail: Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan exchange emails and find out that love can be found through the computer. They spend most of the entire movie just exchanging emails. (Thar's where the name of the film comes from). In the end, when they finally meet, they had exchanged so many emails, it was like love at first sight. I remember them being timid and shy. This is a very cute movie. This doesn't seem quite so strange to us today because, this is how our lives are but, when this movie came out, the world of email was just getting started. I think we still had dial up at that time.
3. When Harry Met Sally: Meg Ryan and Billy Crystal star in this romantic comedy about two people who meet by chance several times over the course of a decade in New York. What are those chances right? I mean with the size of New York, you do not expect to even see the same person twice. With men and women lovers, can be friends. It just takes the right two people. Can a man and woman really just be friends? The answer is yes, unless you just want sex....
4. Family Man: Nicholas Cage plays as a rich man who chooses money over his love who is played by Tea Leoni. By a freak chance he is given a glimpse to look at what life would be like if he chose his love over the greed. He lives his life one way, one day, and wakes up in another life, literally! It's hilarious the entire film but, the chemistry between Cage and Leoni is astonishing. That old saying, that the grass is not always greener on the other side, is so true. Waking up in a situation like this, could make you really appreciate the life that we have.
5. What Women Want: Mel Gibson plays as a man who has the ability to hear a woman's thoughts. This could be a good thing but, it could also very easily backfire on him. Gibson plays as a chauvinist man, who gets his way with men and women alike. He finds out that love is better than greed. This movie has sad, funny and also has serious some serious moments.
6. 50 First Dates: Drew Barrymore & Adam Sandler, are in this romantic comedy. This movie was filmed in Hawaii, and what beautiful location to be in. The two fall in love but, she forgets on a daily basis, and she does not even know who he is. He loves her so much, that he is willing to take his time to hope, that somehow she will remember him again. Ever single day that they wake up, he has to convince her who he is, and that she loves him, and he loves her. I know that I will probably be laughed at but, the movie was sad to me.
7. Along Came Polly: Ben Stiller and Jennifer Anniston both star in this comedy, where opposites truly do attract. Anniston plays a free spirit and Ben Stiller is anything but. You will laugh from beginning to end at this romantic comedy. I think you will find, that there's a little bit of Polly in all of us. Polly has a ferret that she tends to forget about. This is a great couples movie.
8. Fool's Gold: This is one of my favorite movies ever. A divorced couple goes after a lost fortune at sea. They have to fight each other and fight greedy, money hungry people along the way. Their consistency pays off. Kate Hudson and Matthew McConaughey are the stars of this comedy chick flick. They have their ups and downs but, in the end they fall in love and find the treasure.
9. There's Something About Mary: Ben Stiller & Cameron Diaz, are in this hilarious look at friendship and love. A little bit dirtier than most but, clean your hands afterwards because, this one is worth watching. This movie is rated "R" for, not suitable for some viewers. These two are quite cute together in this movie.
10. Hitch: Will Smith will keep the laughter rolling. He is the owner of a dating service, that teaches men how to score with women. Smith falls for Sara (Eva Mendes) even though she is trying to bring him and his job to the attention of the cops.
Location of 50 First Dates
Which is The Best?
Which is your Favorite Romantic Comedy?
Family Man Trailer
Romance On Television
Many television shows feature lots of romance. Below is a list of some of the more prominent ones.
1. Grey's Anatomy
2. Sex and the City
3. Desperate Housewives
4. True Blood
5. Gossip Girl
Sleepless in Seattle Trailer
© 2012 Buster Johnson