Best Songs for KARAOKE
Even before, karaoke has been the most favored bonding experience for families and friends. Once karaoke bars and rooms were established, music lovers have been lining up to take the microphone and sing it all out. And don’t ever get shocked once you enter some of these establishments for some bars bring out the best and the worst in you, most specially if you are already drunk and sloppy people surround you. There are bars that are open and some private – it is closed so as not to disturb other people who are enjoying their time shouting and even screaming at the top of their lungs.
And when it’s your time to take the plunge, make sure you got it all packed up for songs you might want to sing. And just in case, you still want to be able to walk head high in your office or even at the school the following day make sure that you select and organize the songs beforehand. And by the way what I usually notice in karaoke bars, it has really nothing to do with shyness or fear. It has to do with the preferred song. And to help you with this, here are some of the lists of popular categories covering alternative, love songs, soundtracks from different types of movies and even classics.
So here are some of the songs worth noting down.
Rhythm and Blues
Usually some people start with Rhythm and Blues and Love Songs because it is fun slow and easy.
- Let’s start off with a modern song by Rihanna entitled “Unfaithful”
- Then you can follow it with “On Bended Knees” and “Four Season of Loneliness” by Boyz II Men.
- Feeling lonely and blue then “Killing me softly” from The Fugees will be the answer to that.
- “Unbreak my Heart” by Toni Braxton
- “Apologize” by Timbaland
- For those who are in love “Beautiful in my eyes” by Elton John would be great.
- “I’ll be over you” by Toto for people who just broke up with their girlfriends or boyfriends.
- “Fixing a Broken Heart” by Indecent Obsession
- My all time favorite “Leaving on a jetplane” by John Denver or Aerosmith
- Then “Total Eclipse of the heart” by Bonnie Tyler
- Vanessa Williams for “Save the best for last”
- And “I Try” by Macy Gray
- Then “The First Cut is the deepest” by Sheryl Crow
Now the songs above are the most requested or sung in karaoke bars for Love Song category that is according to my research and here are some more for the Soundtrack category.
- “Cruisin” from the movie Duets
- “Iris” by Gogo Dolls from the movie City of Angels
- “Beauty and the Beast” from Walt Disney movie entitled the same as the song.
- “Reflections”from the movie Mulan
- From the movie Titanic entitled “My heart will go on” which won the ASCAP award.
- “Remember me this way” from the movie Casper
- “How do I live” from the action movie Conair
- “There you’ll be” by faith hill from the movie Pearl Harbor
- From the movie A Walk to Remember which I cried a lot entitled “Cry”
- “When you believe” from the cartoon movie Egypt
- For young people and young at heart you can sing “I believe I can fly” from the movie Space Jam
- For lovers who are deeply in love “Grow old with you” is the best from the movie Wedding Singer
- “Every breath you take” from one of my loved songs for the movie 50 first dates
- And “Say a little prayer” from My Bestfriend’s Wedding movie.
It doesn’t matter whether you sing love songs or other category of songs as long as you have your own style because the main idea here is to just have some fun whether with family or friends or even both, it can even be with your lover. So just relax, take time to unwind and to make your life easier, here are some of the list of alternative songs that you might want to try.
- “The Only Exeption” and the latest one by Paramore “Monster”
- “Bring me to Life” by Evanescence
- “Zombie” by the The Cranberries
- “Fade into You” by Mazzy Star
- “When You’re Gone” by the Canadian singer Avril Lavigne
- Lizzy Borden’s “Under your skin”
- “Crucify” by Tori Amos
- From the English Alternative Rock Band Coldplay we have “The Scientist” and “Every Teardrop is a Waterfall”
- “Down by the Water” by The Decemberists
- “Never Let You Go” by ThirdEyeBlind
- “Far Behind” by Candlebox
- My Favorite for Alternative “Drive” by Incubus
- “You’re A God” by Vertical Horizon
- Audioslave’s “Be Yourself”
- “Blurry” from Puddle and Mudd
And come to think about it there’s a whole lot more to choose from, and if I mention it all, it would really take a long time. So let’s move on to another category, as promised above.
Here we have Classics where most people especially the older ones are most fun of.
At the top of the list we have:
- Carpenters for almost all of their songs can be sung by anyone who doesn’t care to take it all out
- We also have all the songs from Abba
- And we have Born in the U.S.A by Bruce Springsteen
- Then “Black Velvet” by Alannah Myles
- “Every Breath You Take" by The Police
- “Chain of Fools” by Arethra Franklin
- “Goodbye Earl” by Dixie Chicks
- “Don't Go Breakin' my Heart” by Elton John & Kiki Dee
- Cyndi Lauper’s “Girls Just Want To Have Fun”
- “Heartbreak Hotel” - Elvis Presley
- From the Journey entitled “Don't Stop Believin'”
- Stevie Wonder’s “I Just Called to Say I Love You”
- “I Love Rock 'N Roll” by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
Keep The Music Playin'
And again there’s a bunch of list to make if I continue to write on it. With all the songs and singers and even movies that I’ve mentioned, the best thing to do is just to sing with all your heart and make sure you enjoy your bonding with whoever you are with.
So go ahead now, get a pen and paper and you can write it all down.