Wrestling's Best Tag Teams of All Time
Which Tag Team?
view quiz statistics
Who is the Best?
Who is the best Tag Team Wrestlers?
Legendary Tag Teams
1. The Road Warriors: Animal and Hawk were fourteen (14) time tag team champions and their finishing move was the Doomsday Device. Animal put his opponent on his shoulders and Hawk flew through the air off the top rope with a clothesline. The face paint they wore made them look mean. They have fought in no rules bouts, Cage matches and most famously the Scaffold match. Hawk passed away in 2003, R.I.P. These guys were intimidating, strong and they could wrestle.
2. Hart Foundation: Bret Hart and Jimmy the anvil Neidhart won the WWF Tag Team Championships on two separate occasions and were villians in wrestling for the majority of their career together. Their finishing move was the Hart Attack, as it was called. The Anvil would put the opponent in the bear hug and The Hit man would execute a flying Lariat. They have had feuds with The Rockers and the British Bulldogs.
3. The Rockers: Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty formed the Rockers and won Tag Team titles five times for various organizations, most famously for the WWE. Their top finishing move was the Rocker Plex. Michaels would do a suplex while Jannetty did a flying crossbody to help put the opponent down with force. The duo had much success but also had an ongoing feud that was settled in tag team and singles matches. They have been both good guys and heels during their tag team matches. Michaels went on to have an even more successful solo career in the squared circle.
4. The Steiner Brothers: Rick and Scott Steiner learned wrestling the hard way. They were stand out amateur wrestlers at the University of Michigan. They have won eleven (11) total tag team championship belts and are best known for their work put in at WCW and WWF. They were the good guys about 80% of the time but, this is wrestling folks of course they turned about especially Scott Steiner who came to be Big Poppa Pump.
5. The Midnight Express: The Midnight Rockers consisted of several members but the bulk of their success was with Beautiful Bobby Eaton, Stan Lane and Dennis Condrey. Their finishing move was the Vegomatic which was a bear hug while Eaton did a flying leg drop. They won 7 legitimate tag team titles and were named tag team of the year in 1987 and in 1988. They were managed by Jim Cornette and they were usually the bad guys or heels if you will. They had feuds with many wrestling teams especially the Road Warriors.
6. The Nasty Boys: Brian Knobs and Jerry Sags were street fighters who specialized in hard core brawling and were known for cheating. They had mullet mohawks and their tag team's finishing move was called Trip to Nastyville. Knobs would do a flying power slam followed by Sags doing a elbow drop. They won four tag team titles and were known to jump other opponents backstage.
7. D-Generation X: Shawn Michaels and Triple H were the main members of this tag team although other members were apart of the group including X-Pac. They were one of wrestling's most controversial tag teams with their suck it maneuver. Their top finishing move was the double DDT, which had much force with both wrestlers pile driving the other wrestler together. They won the tag team titles eight times (8) and they had Hall of Fame solo careers as well. They feuded with lots of wrestlers including The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin.
8. The British Bulldogs: Davey Boy Smith and the Dynamite Kid formed this England tag team and they had a dog named Matilda. They were dominate in the 1980s especially in the WWF. They were managed by the late Captain Lou Albano and they had different finishing moves. Smith finished with a running power slam and The Kid would perform a diving headbutt. They won two tag team championships during their tenure.
9. The Hardy Boyz: Matt and Jeff Hardy are high flying wrestlers who do dangerous stunts during their matches. Their best finisher to me is Event Omega in which they both come off the top rope with a leg drop and a splash at the same time. They won 7 Championships in the WWE and the World Championship Wrestling. They were known for having many rivals including each other which made for bloody fun and family drama.
10. Demolition: Ax and Smash had on face paint and chains and in some ways were a Road Warriors knock off. But they were these evil black mask to the ring which was cool. Demolition went against the best including The British Bulldogs, Powers of Pain and The Islanders. They won the WWF tag team titles three times and their finishing move was the Demolition Decapitation. The move consisted of a backbreaker followed by a flying elbow to the face. The duo did not have a long career in wrestling but they tore quite a few top tag teams during their time at the top.
* Feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments box located at the bottom of this page.
The Hart Foundation
Birthplace of Bret Hart
Degeneration X on DVD
- Best ECW Wrestlers of All Time
Terry Funk, Bam Bam Bigelow, Shane Douglas and Mick Foley were some of the most successful wrestlers in the history of the ECW. Pictures, videos, polls and commentary are featured in this article.
- Different Types of Wrestling Matches: A to Z on the WWE
This hub describes in detail some of the best different types of wrestling matches. Steel cage matches, no disqualification matches, Scaffold matches and retirement bouts are listed in this article.
- Boxers That Wrestled on WWE
This article documents boxers who went to the WWE wrestling shows to perform. Mike Tyson, Floyd Maywrather, Evander Holyfield and Joe Louis are featured in this sporting hub. Pictures, maps, polls, you tube video clips and commentary are also listed
- Hulk Hogan: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
This is an article about Hulk Hogan, the WWE Wrestler and reality show star. Pictures, maps, polls, video clips and commentary are listed in this hub as well as other facts and information about Hollywood Hogan.
- Best Wrestlers in WWE History
This article is about the top WRESTLERS in the history of the WWE and the WWF. Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Andre the Giant and Stone Cold Steve Austin are all listed here. Pictures, you tube videos, maps, polls and commentary are in this blog.
1. World Heavyweight Championship
2. World Champion
3. Intercontinental Champion
4. Cruiserweight Champion
5. United States Champion
6. Tag Team Champion
Tag Team Wrestler Rankings
The Road Warriors Scaffold Match
© 2013 Buster Johnson