- Entertainment and Media»
Carly Rae Jepson - The Parodies
Call Me Baby
It is the viral song of the year. The song that you keep humming, whistling or Tum Te Ta-ing until you realise what you are doing. Comedians and tech heads have seized the moment to do their take on Carly Rae Jepsons "Call Me Baby"
I was researching a more serious piece of work when I stumbled onto this. Someone with WAY too much time on their hands has edited clips from the Star Wars movies to have the cast sing Carly Rae Jepsons "Call Me Baby". With a little more research I found a further three parodies. Each a little funnier than the first.
The leader of the free world took some time out from a gruelling campaign schedule to provide this parody. Combine this with his performance on kisscam last week and the US voters will be calling Barack "President Baby" for another term.
The Nova Team
The Nova (Australian Radio Station) jocks Fitzy and Wippa give us the Aussie blokes version. Entertaining but probably a bit to Aussie for an international audience. For those who need a little translation I will clarify some terms.
- RSL = Returned Services League club a large club found in most Australian suburbs and towns. They usually sell cheap drinks and reasonably priced food. The poker machines outnumber the patrons.
- Bacardi Breezer = a pre mixed rum drink which is popular with the ladies.
- Knackered = extremely weary
- Cracker = an exceptional beautiful woman
- Buffet = a biological warfare laboratory
Carly Rae was a really good sport when the boys played their version to her.
I have never heard of these guys before but this clip had some 12 million youtube hits before I came along. A guy frying a banana, another guy in drag, the banana guy then plays some sort of creepy dude. Classic stuff and a big thumbs up from me.