- Entertainment and Media»
Famous People Who Died So Young
Why do so many celebrities die so young from using drugs or alcohol, when they had both fame and fortune? It seems that many, besides being famous also felt they need to be perfect. Whether they were singers, or actors they needed to be perfect and not make any mistakes. The need to be perfect seems to lead to severe depression or stress. Some even feel they have lost their childhood. If an actor or a singer starts early in life then their childhood has been taken from them. Also, if they try to take therapy for their problems, the media seems to attack them. It is a sensational story. It is on the news and in the paper! The actor or singer could feel this problem may lead to harm their career, so they keep it quiet. Lately there seem to be so many that have been killed by drugs or alcohol, but it has not just happend in the last few years. Here are a few examples.
1) Whitney Houston died at the age of 48. She battled her problems with drugs and alcohol for a long time. In the news she was never helped, only criticized for not being able to control it.
2) Amy Whinehouse went though therapy to help her stop drinking. But, she started to drink again. It took only one day for her to die, after weeks of not drinking. The news once again reported all of the episodes of her drug use and alcohol abuse.
3) Micheal Jackson died of propofol and benzodiazepine overdose, even though there was a doctor who was supposed to be watching him. His death was ruled neglectful homicide because the doctor who had prescribed the medication was not present when Micheal Jackson died.
4) Marilyn Monroe was found dead in her home. She had high levels of barbiturates in her blood, so her death was ruled as a suicide. Some still believe it was murder.
5) Elvis Presley, the first corinor's report excluded drugs from the cause of his death. However, an investigation found that he had been prescribed about 5,000 pills in the 8 months before his death.
6) Dana Plate from the television show Different Strokes died from an overdose of two different drugs, a pain killer and a muscle relaxant.
7) Anna Nichol Smith died from eleven drugs in her system. She died just before the death of her son, who also died of a drug overdose.
There are many more that can be listed who have died from drugs and alcohol, it is a sad thing that they gain popularity when they die. The history of their lives are told, as are the troubles of their lives. The media cannot stop, until they have made money. However their is one person who has gone through all of this and has managed not to harm himself. Charlie Sheen was recently fired from a television show for drinking to much. There was also a " Roast of Charlie Sheen" that was exteemly horrible, and vicious. He has managed all of this. Charlie Sheen is different from the others who were filled with pain in this hub. And for that, he has been blessed.